Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery —A Bookish Review

 Book Love | Book Review 



Hello, my friend! 

Today I am going to share with you one of my favorite books I have read this summer. It is actually my favorite book of May! Today I am reviewing Anne Of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery! 

A quick writing update on my book, which I did a post about here . I am over 43,000 words in and am almost done with the book! I am super happy with how this book is going! I actually want to make a post about writing and moods. I have found that when I write, whatever mood the book is in and whatever emotions my characters (main) are feeling, I will likewise feel that. So even my mom has said I look happier when I write this book because this book is a happy sunshine book so I feel all the moods and emotions. It is really cool and I want to do a whole post about this! 

Now on to the book review! 

So without further adieu let's get started!

Summery 

Anne Of Green Gables follows the life of young red-haired orphan Anne Shirley. A young and imaginative girl who loved books, stories, romance, and the beauty and magic of everyday life. Anne is an orphan who is taken in by the siblings Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert on Prince Edward Island. The story begins when Anne is eleven and watches as she grows up, to when she is sixteen thinking about college and graduating. 

This is a touching coming-of-age story sure to warm your heart and give you all the feels. 

You see Anne grow up, make friends, learn, and turn from a dramatic girl to a beautiful young woman.

My Thoughts (the review) 

The Book Anne of Green Gables is a sweet coming of age book for all ages set on Prince Edward Island. I love this story so much! This book makes me happy and feels like spring. I have so much good to say about this book. It is good for all ages, and I highly recommend reading it! 

The writing is so beautiful, the dramatic and flowery language is incredible and feels like poetry without being poetry. 

“I shall call it — let me see — the Lake of Shining Waters. Yes, that is the right name for it. I know because of the thrill. When I hit on a name that suits exactly it gives me a thrill.” 

I love seeing how Anne grows up and goes from a kid to a grown up still keeping her childhood love for life and story and beauty. 

“That's the worst thing about growing up, and I’m beginning to realize it. The things you wanted so much when you were a child don’t seem half so wonderful to you when you get them.” 

I love the friendship Anne has with Diana, her bosom friend. I love friendship stories and this was so touching. I love these two best friends. 

“A bosom friend—an intimate friend, you know—a really kindred spirit to whom I can confide my inmost soul. I've dreamed of meeting her all my life. I never really supposed I would, but so many of my loveliest dreams have come true all at once that perhaps this one will, too. Do you think it's possible?”

I love seeing Anne’s relationship with Marilla and sweet Matthew, her adopted family. 

I love seeing an enemies-to-friends relationship between Anne and Gilbert Blithe. From the infamous time of Gilbert calling Anne “carrots” and her hating him with a fiery passion to:  

“We are going to be best friends,” said Gilbert, jubilantly. “We were born to be good friends, Anne.”

I love this book SO much (if you couldn’t tell) and I can say what I love about this book forever but for now, I think I will leave the review at this. GO READ ANNE OF GREEN GABLES.



Parent Guide: 

Profanity/Crude Language Content

None. Some name-calling, “Carrots” 


Sexual Content

There is talk about how a teacher likes a student. It is never said exactly, but it is implied that there is something there. 

Talk about liking people and being in relationships (on the Take Notice board). 


Spiritual Content

There are Christian themes throughout. 


Violence/frightening scenes  

Anne breaks her slate on Gilbert's head.  

Anne’s past is talked about and it is implied that she has been hurt. 

Anne falls down the railing of a house and gets hurt. 

Anne almost drowns. 

Daina’s best friend’s sister gets really sick and almost dies. 


Drug Content

Anne accidentally gives her best friend, Diana, wine, and Diana gets drunk.  


Sensitive Subjects

Faith can be a sensitive subject so if you don’t like reading about it then this may not be the book for you. It isn’t an active subject but it is there. 

At the end of the book, there is a shocking death that may be hard to read about. 

Other posts you may like… 

Discussion Time

Thank you so much for reading this post! I hoped you liked this book review! 

I want to hear from you! Tell me what you liked about this post. Do you think you will read Anne Of Green Gables? What Is one of your recent favorite books? I would love to chat! 

Also, check out the My Links tab to see my Pinterest & Instagram @fablerosemc! 

Be sure to subscribe to this blog to stay in the know because I post new content here every week (Fable Rose Fridays). 

XOXO Moriyah 💛


Comments

  1. Madisen Lynne LundquistJune 17, 2022 at 9:21 AM

    Oh I just love Anne of Green Gables!! Such a wonderful book and I loved your review!! It made me want to read the book again!📚💛
    Thank you for sharing all the things!!
    And oh my word! It's AMAZING that you are almost finished with your Hawaiian summer book, and it's only the middle of June!!🤯📚🥳 You are so incredible and I cannot wait to hear/read all about it!!
    Love you Riyah!!😘💛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyy! I am so glad you love the book & review!!! 🥳
      This book made me so happy! I can’t believe I haven’t read it until last month! Now it is an official favorite! 🥳👒☀️🌸🌻
      You’re welcome!
      THANK YOU!!! The writing process has gone by so fast! It’s crazy! I’m SO happy & also a little bummed it’s almost over 😂💛📖
      Yesss! I cannot wait for you to read it! I think you will really like it! ☀️☀️☀️
      Thank you SO much for commenting!
      Love you Madi! 💛

      Delete
    2. Madisen Lynne LundquistJune 20, 2022 at 3:07 PM

      Wait, this was your first time reading Anne of Green Gables??🤯
      I'm so happy for you!!🥳📚💛 I'm sure it is spectacular!! I cannot wait to read your masterpiece!!
      You're welcome for commenting! I love you too!!!💛💛

      Delete
    3. Right??? It’s crazy that it’s taken me so long to get to it, but it is totally worth it! I love this book so much! 👒✨🌸💛
      Thank you SO much friend! I cannot wait for you to read my book! 📖💛
      I love you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a reply 💛
I would LOVE to hear from you!

You May Also Like…