There You’ll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones — A Bookish Review

 Book Love | Book Review 



Hello, my friend! 

It is officially SUMMER at my house! School has just ended and summer break is just starting! I am SO excited! This is going to be a really good summer and I have a LOT of new exciting things coming up! 

Today I wanted to share with you a book I recently found that I LOVE! One of my summer goals is (among other things) to read more as I have been slacking on my reading recently. Here is one of my summer books to kick off the season! 

So without further adieu let's get started! 

Summery 

There You’ll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones follows 18-year-old Finley Sinclair. She loves music and is preparing for an interview with a music conservatory. But after the tragic death of her older brother, Will, Finley decides to go to Ireland which was a place her brother loved and felt close to God. Finely is craving to have that feeling of God with her, she has felt lost without her brother and like she is out of touch with God. 

So away to Ireland she goes. On the plane, she meets Beckett Rush, a teen icon and “Hollywood bad boy”. He too is heading off to Ireland to film his latest vampire movie. The two meet and Finely doesn’t like him in the slightest. She knows his kind. But something about Finley makes Beckett come back, the only girl who isn’t under his vampire charm. He convinces Finely to be his assistant in exchange for his showing her the Ireland her brother loved. 

Through the journey of the book Finley finds out more about herself, God, friendship, love, and trust. Together Finley and Beckett go on a journey that changes them, one they will never forget. 

My Thoughts (the review) 

The Book There You’ll Find Me is a sweet Christian YA book set in Ireland. I do admit there were some cliches in this book that felt a bit cheesy (an overdone book premise) but otherwise, this book surprised me in how much I liked it. 

I do admit when I first picked up the book I rolled my eyes at the famous Hollywood actor who played in vampire movies with the sweet Christian girl protagonist storyline. “I know how this story goes,” was my first thought followed by “How many times,” I wondered, “have I read this exact book?” 

Then I read it…and WOW! This book was wonderful. The author Jenny B. Jones did wonderful with this book. I expected it to be a certain way like most books and movies like this one goes but it didn’t. (Not exactly. I’m still too much of a detective so of course I figured out the ending before it ended. My mind!). 

What I loved was Finley. She was a real character with pains and struggles. The author tackled a big issue of body image in her book and how food disorders can come about. I really liked this concept because I feel like a lot of people, especially girls, can have this bad body talk to themselves and end up hurting themselves. Whether that is eating too much, too little, or everything else. I know this problem from first-hand experience (not eating enough and sometimes starving myself). 

I also loved the faith journey. Some Christian books fall flat in this category of having strong faith themes without being preachy or not at all. This one had the main character searching for her faith and she wasn’t shy to talk about what she believed. This is a theme in books I want to see more of. 

I LOVED Beckett. He is sweet and funny and sarcastic and a great guy. 

A problem I have with a lot of books and movies I have seen is when a girl will have a secret or a problem and not tell the guy. Then when the guy finds out (from the evil girl) he freaks out, yells at her, “WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME”, and leaves her feeling more broken. Only to later come back and apologize and the girl instantly takes him back. If you couldn’t tell, I have a problem with this. There are so many red flags right there. I want to scream at the guy for being a jerk and then scream at the girl for putting herself into a relationship that will most likely be bad. 

THIS BOOK DIDN’T DO THAT! Hurray! I won't spoil everything that happened but near the end, a secret Finely has been holding on to is revealed to Beckett. Instead of freaking out or yelling at her for not telling him, he sits her down and SUPPORTS HER! Oh, my word! I have been waiting for an actually good guy to be in a book in this situation and be a good guy. Honestly, this was my favorite part of the book. Beckett is an amazing guy who cared about Finely and instead of shaming her, supported her and helped her. He wanted to be there for her and encourage her. Talk about a great guy. 

I’m going to stop fangirling about this amazing find, but know it was amazing. I highly recommend reading this book if you are into clean Christian teen romances set in Europe with teen actors falling for a Christian girl. (Very specific). 

Parent Guide: 

Profanity/Crude Language Content

None.

Sexual Content

Some hand-holding. A few kisses. Beckett is called the “bad boy of Hollywood” with some rumors relating to this though nothing actually happens. There is talk about how a woman stole her sister’s fiancé.

Spiritual Content

There are strong Christian themes throughout. 

Violence

(Spoiler)Finley's brother was killed in an act of terrorism that killed him and many children. This is brought up a few times.(end spoiler)

(Spoiler) It is said that a man was abusive to his wife and it is why she left him. 

Drug Content

A Pub is a place they go a few times but it is a community gathering and not a place of drinking. 

There were rumors of Beckett getting drunk at parties though he has not. 

There was a rumor spread that people were drunk at a dance. 

Sensitive Content

Terrorism is brought up and the effects it brings in hurting a family and nation. 

Finely deals with food and body issues. If this is a sensitive subject for you, you may not want to read this book (but I felt like it was handled well and is not offensive, but that is my opinion). 

This book also deals with a bit of death including talk of a young child (baby) having died years before. If this is a sensitive subject to you then you may not wish to read this book.

The Character Creation Series 

Discussion Time

Thank you so much for reading this post! I hoped you liked this book review! 

I want to hear from you! Tell me what you liked about this post. Do you think you will read There You’ll Find Me? What Is one of your recent favorite books? Also, tell me if you like me doing book reviews? I’m thinking of doing more of these posts in the future. I would love to chat! 

Be sure to subscribe to this blog to stay in the know because I post new content here every week (Fable Rose Fridays). 

XOXO Moriyah 💛


Comments

You May Also Like…