CROWN by Madisyn Carlin | a bookish review |

 

CROWN by Madisyn Carlin

| a bookish review |


Hello, Sweet Friend! 

Today I’m sharing a book review of CROWN by Madisyn Carlin! I first met Madisyn through her blog and was lucky enough to get to read this beautiful book of hers (a novella & prequel to her book series: The Redwyn Chronicles )! Madisyn is a Christian indie author of 7 published books with 2 upcoming releases coming soon. 

Now without further ado, here is the blurb and my review!!! 

Can a noblewoman-turned-goose girl stop a sinister plot before it's too late?

All Isadora Fendalva wants is to secure aid for her struggling town, but a maid’s betrayal lands her in a commoner’s field herding geese. With her maid posing as Isadora and hatching nefarious schemes to do away with the royal family, Isadora finds herself relying on the fragments of her faith. Will God answer her pleas, or will evil schemes succeed and be the end of her and the royal family?

Review 

Nothing happens without  reason, my dear. We are placed where we are for a purpose. Sometimes we will never learn what that purpose is, but we can rest in peace  because we know He is in control.” 

—Madisyn Carlin 

Rating: ★★★★★

Cleanness: ★★★★*


Oh my word! I love this book so much! I absolutely love fairytale retellings and this was definitely one of my favorite Goose Girl Retellings! 

I loved how much faith played a part in CROWN! I also loved how the characters had struggles and struggled with aspects of their faith but still they trusted in the Beginning (God). They felt so real!  

Calvin!!! I love Calvin!! He is such a fun character! I love how protective he is and how much he cares for Isadora. He was definitely my favorite character! I also loved how he drank his tea XD. 

Calvin sipped his sugar and cream with a side of tea and made eye contact with Euler.” 

Isadora! Sweet Isadora! I loved her character and her strength in her faith. Even through the worst situations and having struggles, she still trusted in the Beginning. Even with her moments of doubts she still relied on Him and that was so beautiful to see. I love how much she cares for her people and how she puts them above herself. I also loved that there was one bible verse that kept coming up and it was that verse Isadora had to struggle with and still trust the Beginning with. I really loved that, it made her character feel so much more real. 

I do have to say that I loved that Isadora didn’t know she was being rescued. I feel like when I’ve read similar situations in books the girl knows about it but I loved that Isadora didn’t and fought back. 

Euler and Janni were hilarious! I loved all their moments together! 

Party pooper.”

“I’m realistic.”

“You’re a party pooper.” 

The crying scene in the study was a favorite! If you read it you’ll understand why! THE PROPOSAL!!! That made me so happy!!! 

I loved this book! My only complaint is that it's too short (I know it’s a novella and those are short but still). Seriously, I would have loved a longer version just because I love these characters and this story so much. I want more, lol! 


*Cleanness: This is a clean read. The only thing to note are mentions of blood, wounds, poisoning, fight scenes, kidnapping, death (including that of a loved pet). Otherwise this is clean and I highly recommend reading! 


———I want to give a big thanks to the author for letting me read this eARC book! This is an honest review. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions I have expressed are my own. 




More posts…




***

Discussion Time

I hope you liked book review!!! Thank you so much for reading this post! <3 

I want to hear from you! Meet me in the comments and tell me if you have read this book? What was the last indie book, fairytale retelling, or Christian fiction? Have you gone to BEHOLD PEACE? I would love to chat! 

If you have any questions or want to talk, make sure to comment down below! Be sure to subscribe to this blog to stay in the know because I post new content here every week. ALSO, If you want to hear more about my writing and what I’m reading, make sure you are subscribed because I am doing special updates for BLOG SUBSCRIBERS ONLY! 

XOXO Moriyah 🤎


Comments

  1. Madisen Lynne LundquistFebruary 8, 2023 at 2:52 PM

    I love this review!! It's got me adding The Crown to my tbr list!!!💛📚💛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww!! Thank you so much Madi!!!☺️ Eek!!! If you read it, please tell me what you thought of it! 😍💛📚

      Delete
    2. Madisen Lynne LundquistFebruary 9, 2023 at 8:25 AM

      Oh I definitely will!!💛📚💛

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the lovely review! (And you were my 100th review on Goodreads! A momentous number to be sure.) And I love the aesthetic board and Pinterest board! I may have to steal some of those pins for my 2023 Goose Girl retelling!

    Calvin and Isadora appear quite often in "IRON", which takes place about twenty years in the future. ("IRON" is much more intense and has a lot more fight scenes). And Calvin still loves his sugar with a drop of tea. XD Some things will never change with that boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! You’re welcome, Madi! Thank you for writing this beautiful book! I absolutely LOVED it!!!
      Ahh!! Congratulations!!! That’s so exciting! I feel so honored to be your 100th review! ☺️💛💛
      Yes! Please take them! They are made for your book after all! <3

      Ahh!! IRON sounds AMAZING!!! I must read IRON now! 😍
      Oh my world! I love Calvin! XD I’m glad he is still the same! <3

      Delete
  3. The Pinterest board: https://www.pinterest.com/fablerosemc/fandoms-%2B-books/crown-by-madisyn-carlin/

    Goodreads review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/5261820748

    Instagram review: https://www.instagram.com/p/CoasQHrSrCM/

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHHH!!!!! YES!!! This is such an amazing review, and I LOVE the graphics you made for it!! XD (And that beautiful Pinterest board! *heart eyes*) Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHH!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Aww, you are so sweet, Saraina!!! *heart eyes* You are so welcome!! I’m so glad you like this review!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a reply 💛
I would LOVE to hear from you!

You May Also Like…