The Chasm | my current struggles + prayer + a special announcement |

 

The Chasm 

| my current struggles + a special announcement |



Hello, sweet friend! 

Today I wanted to share about some of my current struggles and the answers I’m finding out about. 

A quick life update

This week has been…a challenge emotionally. Nothing bad actually happened thanks to God’s blessing and protection, but there was the potential for it and it left my family and I reeling. It was traumatizing and left me emotionally drained and anything could set me off crying. But as I said, everything did turn out for the good. 

I am getting better. I’m starting to feel creative again (I wrote a really sweet short story that I cannot wait to share with you) and am emotionally more stable. I feel more peace and a sense of calm I know only to be from God. I know it was helped a lot by the topic and answers I got that inspired this post. 

A quick word & encouragement over 2023 

Before I go into today's post, I wanted to say just in case someone else out there reads this and has felt like 2023 is going to be a big year but then is being attacked, to lean into God and pray. If you are being attacked already this year by the enemy, know that isn’t accidental. You have the potential for incredible goodness this year. Something for God’s good and yours is happening and the enemy is trying to stop you from it. Lean into God. Pray, seek him, come closer to him. God loves you and is for you. He has a great plan for your life and your family’s lives. Don’t let the enemy scare you off. Press into God, to his word, and his promises. Don’t lose heart dear one. God is for you. 

I believe this year is going to be amazing but it is going to be a struggle to get to that amazing part. Maybe not for everyone, but certainly for my family. 2023 started and on the 2nd we were hit. God saved and protected us but it was still a hit. Now, instead of cowering, we are praying deeper and praising God. We are still a bit shaken but we have not been moved. There is a difference. You can go through hard things and feel it and feel shaken but not moved. We have an anchor in God, with him as our anchor, we will not be moved. We may get frightened but we won’t lose our faith in God. That is important. 

I really do want to encourage you and pray for you, so if you feel like this has spoken to you and if you feel brave enough, please leave a comment to let me know. I would love to know your name so I can pray for you. 

Now back to the post…

My family is pressing into prayer this year more than ever. On Tuesday my parents pulled me aside to pray for me. They felt I was highlighted and told me they wanted to pray for me. They laid out this picture in their mind of what they would be praying for and it lined up exactly to how I was feeling without even telling them. 

For the past month, I have been struggling on what’s next. I’m turning eighteen this year, I’m going to be graduating, so much is happening and I feel big things are on the horizon but then…I feel there is this unknown. 

I know I’ll be graduating soon and working on more writing but then what? In front of me I know where I am going. I have these dreams and missions on my heart and I know what I want to do with my life. The problem is how do I get there? How do I go from here to there? 

I want to write and publish. I want to go on missions. I want to help people heal and grow in Jesus. I want to adopt. I want to have children and be a mother. I want to marry and have a husband, a partner, a best friend to the end. I want to travel and go to Europe. I want to encourage people and be a light for God. There are so many things I want to do and none of it feels impossible as in I can’t get there but impossible in that I have no idea how. 

I described it to my mom as this: 

Its like I’m on the edge of a chasm. I know where I am and I can see the other side of where I am going. But then there is a chasm between me and those dreams. An area of blankness and unknowns that stretches before me and I don’t see a bridge to cross. 

My mom got a look in her eyes, smiled and said, “You don’t know.” 

My mom went on to tell me about the old Christian paintings of salvation. The paintings were of a chasm. You are on one side and heaven is on the other. Laying across the chasm is the cross, Jesus—our salvation and the only way to cross. 

Instantly I started to tear up. It was like, “That’s it. That’s what I’ve been trying to figure out. That’s what I’ve been praying for. There it was as a painting of all things. A painting showing the answer.” 

I love how that happens. How God uses things and people to show you the answer you’ve been searching for. 

The painting that caught my eye was this one below. As soon as I saw it, it reminded me of a drawing or painting you would see of Narnia or Out Of The Silent Planet by C. S. Lewis. It's perfect. 

There are still areas where I am unsure but I have peace. I feel calm and full of hope. My answer is Jesus. It's trusting him and following after his peace. It is believing and trusting him even when I am uncertain. I still don’t know what’s next or where I’m going, but I know it will be with him and I know he will be there for me and that gives me peace. 

Thursday night my mom gave me these two Bible verses and it is perfect for this post!


“Now I stand on solid ground, and I will praise the Lord.”                        

—Psalm 26:12

“You enlarge my steps under me, and my feet have not slipped.”                 

—Psalm 18:36 


One of those next steps I feel is a new project I’ve been working on brainstorming these past two-ish weeks…


Special Surprise Announcement 

I am looking for peace this year. This is something my mom talks about all the time, and is something I’ve experienced a lot with my writing and this blog. I want to look after and seek peace. 

I actually wasn’t going to announce this until later but I think it ties in nicely to everything I’ve been talking about today so…

…I am starting a Bible study called BEHOLD PEACE this spring (*hopefully in* February 2023). 

I love it because this mission, these words I have for 2023 and my whole life really, mean “seek peace”. That is what I want my year and life to look like. My middle name is Shalom which means “peace”. It is a prophetic name I believe and I love seeing it play out in my life, even in creating this Bible study. 

Seeking peace is a mission for this Bible Study. 

I will be posting the official announcement soon, but for now let me tell you a little bit about this Bible Study. This study will be open to everyone. I will be publishing a new blog where the Bible study will be hosted and I am so excited to start it with all of you! 

I really want this to be a blessing to all of you (and for myself). I hope this will be a community of Christian women (though men are welcome (; ) who rise up and strengthen each other as believers and friends. We will be going through the women of the Bible and look for inspiration in them as women and see how God used them and was fully a part of their lives. I really hope you will join me on this new journey. 

I do feel like BEHOLD PEACE is an answered prayer. I am wanting to seek peace, I want to help people, and I think this has the potential to be an incredibly impactful mission and just what I’ve been searching for. I may not be able to be a missionary right now but I can minister through these blogs. These are my first missions and I am so grateful for all God has done through Fable Rose and I know he will do great things through BEHOLD PEACE as well! 

*** 

Discussion Time

I hope you liked this post about the beginning of my 2023, some of my struggles, and this new project I’m working on!! I think 2023 will be a big and amazing year! If the past few days are any indication that is what I think. Thank you so much for reading this post! 

I want to hear from you! Meet me in the comments and tell me how the start of your 2023 is going? Is there anything I can pray for you? I would love to chat! 

If you have any questions or want to talk, make sure to comment down below! Be sure to subscribe to this blog to stay in the know because I post new content here every week. ALSO, If you want to hear more about my writing and read snippets from my newest story, make sure you are subscribed because I am doing special updates for BLOG SUBSCRIBERS ONLY! 

Happy 2023 friends!  

XOXO Moriyah 🤎 


Comments

  1. praying for you! can’t wait to do that Bible study!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mayim! Eek! I’m so excited you want to be a part of the Bible study! <3

      Delete
  2. Oh Riyah😭💛😘🙏🏻😭
    I LOVE this blog post soooooo much!!
    First of all, I'm so glad you are doing better emotionally & that you are feeling more creative & more like yourself!🙌🏻💛
    & secondly this post brought tears to my eyes🥹
    You have such a way with words that can describe how you are feeling & it also be soooo relatable to others. Both my sister & I feel like something BIG is going to be happening this year (I'll tell you more about it in a vox :)) & the whole thing on the unexpected & the chasm😭😭 It was totally what I needed to hear rn😭🙌🏻💛🥹 That picture brought tears to my eyes
    Such a beautiful & encouraging post🫶🏻
    & I would definitely appreciate your prayers🙏🏻💛
    & oh my word!!! I am sooooooo excited for BEHOLD PEACE!!🥳🙌🏻🙏🏻💛🥳 I cannot wait!!!
    Alsoooo, loved the snippet you shared from your writing this week!🥹🫶🏻📚❄️
    ~ Madi <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😭😍♥️🙌🏻😭
      Aww! Thank you SO much Madi!!!
      Thank you! I’m feeling a lot better and honestly seeing all these amazing comments that have come in today have been a blessing! I love all the support I’ve gotten this last week. Thank you for being here for me and always supporting me, it means the world to me! 😍😘
      Aww Madi! You’re making me cry 😭♥️😭
      Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. I’m so glad this post was relatable to you and that it was needed. I love how God can use something in your life to help encourage someone else or make then feel seen. Its a gift. ☺️🙌🏻
      I can’t wait to hear more about this something BIG you are feeling!
      Same! That picture more than the rest just made me cry because it was like “that’s me! That’s the picture of my life and I can’t believe someone else felt that and made it”! 😭🙌🏻
      Thank you so much Madi! ♥️♥️♥️
      I’ll be praying for you!!! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
      Eek!!! Thank you!!! I’m so excited to start! There are so many good things and promises I feel surround BEHOLD PEACE! I really just want to create a community of Christians who come together and learn and support each other. That’s my dream. ☺️🙏🏻♥️
      Aww!! Thank you Madi! I’m so glad you liked them! It was so much fun to write (especially Annie May’s little story, it was the exact happiness i needed to write about)! <3 👒🚂♥️

      Delete
  3. I remember being around your age and all the pressure there was to "know what I was doing with my life." It's so hard, but the Lord will truly lead you and guide you if you follow Him. :) He will lead you in that perfect path He has prepared for you before you were even born.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And maybe I should sign in so you actually know who I am instead of "anonymous." ;)

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Vanessa for sharing this! This is so encouraging and exactly what I needed to hear. I know God is for me and will lead me, I just have to trust him even though it can be hard and a bit scary at times. It is amazing to think that God prepared a path and a plan for us before we were even born. That is amazing and gives me incredible peace. <3
      (I’m a major planner so knowing he has a plan is amazing for me XD)
      Thank you again for sharing, Vanessa! This means so much to me!

      Delete
  4. This post was beautifully raw and open.

    I understand that chasm-feeling perfectly, and well remember it from when I was your age (that makes me sound ancient. I'm not that much older than you, actually.) Everyone always expects you to have your life in order and know precisely how to achieve your dreams. It can be weighty, the world's expectations. But it is Christ who guides our path, and even though we may feel like we're stumbling along without guidance or light, we are actually being held by the One who charted our path before we were even a twinkle in our parents' eyes.

    I think it's lovely that your aspirations include wanting to be a wife and mother! You don't hear that often anymore, and it's refreshing when I see someone else with the same desire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Madi!

      You put that perfectly. It is hard those expectations (even if they are only mine I put on myself). You are right, it is Christ who guides out path and is there holding our hand and being right beside us. He loves us and won’t let us completely fall. I absolutely love how you put it “we are actually being held by the One who charted our path before we were even a twinkle in our parents' eyes.” That is beautiful and made me tear up a bit. <3

      Aww! Thank you! I love that you want to be a wife and a mother too! Its always been a dream of mine since I was little. I love meeting people who have the same or similar desires. It is sad that the want of being a mother and a wife isn’t heard of as much. Its such a beautiful thing, an absolute blessing. I think that is why it ends up in my writing so often, its something that should be talked about as good more often.

      Delete
  5. Great post, Moriyah! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi just found your blog snd it has been a blessing to me so thank you.I am 20years old and I am a college student and a daughter of the King. I have been struggling too and feeling down and I need someone to talk to but I haven't. Nice to meet you and I cant wait to learn more about you.
    https://alifeforhimnet.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kiara! Aww! I’m so glad this has been a blessing to you! I’m sorry you are struggling. I’ll be praying for you! If you want someone to talk to, I’m here for you if you want. I think even though the struggle is hard it’s good to know others are struggling the same, it helps you know you’re not alone.
      It’s really nice to meet you too! I can’t wait to get to know you more and check out your blog!
      Thank you for sharing with me!

      Delete
  7. Ahh, SUCH a good post, Moriyah!!! I relate to this since I'll be turning 18 this year and I'll be graduating! It really changes everything to remember that Jesus is the answer to bridging that unknown. He will guide us in His perfect plan for our lives! Thank you for sharing this, girl! <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! Thank you SO much, Saraina!!! <3 Thats so cool we are both going to be graduating and turning 18 this year! *high five* It really does change everything knowing Jesus is the answer and path for everything. He does have a perfect plan for you and it is going to be absolutely incredible! Aww! Thank you, girl!! <3
      Side note: I’m smiling so much talking to you! Thank you for being the highlight of my day! <3

      Delete
  8. Dear sweet friend,
    What a lovely post! Thank you so much for having the bravery to be honest and so very open about these struggles you've been going through! Please know you are NOT alone in this. My family has had the craziest year we can remember (literally, lightning struck our house! Talk about the chances of being struck by lightning! LOL!) and I even had a period of about three months that I wasn't able to use my computer! I'm finally getting back to some kind of rhythm. All this to say that I think God is about to do some incredibly exciting things with his church and we are on the verge of something the world has never seen before! PLEASE keep me posted about the Bible Study!!! I'm so, so excited and would LOVE to join! (P.S. Congrats on finishing your fourth book!! Eeeek!! So excited for you!!) - Shira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Shira!
      Aww! Thank you so much! That means a lot to me. WOW!!! That’s crazy that lightning struck your house! What was that like?
      Wow. That is all crazy. I’m glad you are getting back into a rhythm of writing!
      YES!!! I really do think God is doing some incredible things! I love how you put it, “we are on the verge of something the world has never seen before!” It fills me with such excitement!
      YES!!! I’ll keep you updated on the Bible Study! I would LOVE to have you a part of it!!! <3
      Eek! Thank you so much!! I’m so excited!!! I can’t wait for the day I get to share this story with you all!

      Delete
  9. Ah, this post hits close to home! I so badly want to know what God has in store for my life, but I just need to stop and remember He's in control, and He has my future all mapped out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It can be so…hard waiting and not knowing (I’m an over planner and want to know EVERYTHING). It can be hard giving up control and truly trust God in everything. It’s nice to know that God has everything planned and completely in control! I just need to remember to, as you said, “stop and remember He’s in control.”

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a reply 💛
I would LOVE to hear from you!

You May Also Like…