God the Good Author (Part II)

My Faith | Bible Time 

 

A rant about God and killing characters 


Hello Sweet Friend!

Happy December!  Today I am talking about God as the good author. This is part 2 to Wednesday's post, When Characters Become Real, so make sure you check that one out! As I was writing part 1 a thought entered my mind and begged to be answered. This is a topic I don’t really hear people talking about so I’m really excited to share my thoughts! 

Comment and tell me: What is a recent blessing that has happened to you or your family? 

Part II: God The Good Author 

The Good Author (a rant about God and killing characters (odd title but that's the gist of this)) 

I think God mourns for us. 

Where did this thought come from? I was thinking about things I've learned about God in writing. Then I was thinking about this blog post I saw a while ago talking about killing characters and as Christians we shouldn’t joke about it (I’ll link these posts in the comments). 

As I was sitting in bed writing down this post this thought popped in my head and I couldn’t get it out. I think God mourns for us. He mourns because He loves us. 

Many writers joke about killing characters. They pose it as this inevitable, even fun thing. I hate it. I hate killing characters (which I have but only if necessary and there is no other way for the story). I mourn them. I mourn my characters who pass away. I cry for them. It's hard for me because they are real to me. I love them. 

If God is the good author, if He is our good Father, if He LOVES us, us who are real, I can’t imagine Him not mourning us. If I mourn my made up creation why wouldn’t God mourn His real living creation? 

Some people (not all but a few) seem to think of God as this great being who hates and wishes to kill most people and only save a select few. Nowhere do I see this in the Bible. Even when God is harsh, it isn’t this thirst for distraction, but him executing justice (and being a parent) in most cases. 

My God is the God of LOVE. My God came down to earth as Jesus, was whipped, beaten, mocked, and DIED for us, HIS CHILDREN. HE LOVES US. HE IS LOVE. I can’t see Jesus who wept for his friend, who wept with his friends, could then be heartless as to wish most of us HIS CHILDREN dead and destroyed (it would make him a cruel cold God of death & destruction than a loving father who would suffer & die to save ALL his children). 

It doesn’t fit. I put my faith in Jesus. I follow the God of love. Love is powerful. God is love. He loves us. He loves YOU. When you love someone and they die or leave, you mourn and weep. God who loves us more than anyone or anything, who created us with a purpose, who is our father, who is love. If this is true why then wouldn’t He mourn when we fall? Why can’t the God who made our emotions feel

In a way it is bittersweet. He has children being saved and coming into His arms daily while at the same time His children fall from Him and get separated from Him daily. He has great joy and great sorrow. He has it all. He paid the price of death to save His children. Then he gave us a choice to call him father and run into his open arms or to run from his arms. He gave us that choice because he loves us and because he is a good father. He does not force us into anything, He wants us to choose Him as He has chosen us. I think it breaks his heart to lose his children. But if he didn’t give them that choice then he wouldn’t be the God of love. Love, true love, is a choice we have to make both ways. God loves us, he has given us the choice to choose. Isn’t that the most beautiful gift? 

He is the greatest author. Some writers kill off characters solely for the sake of the plot and shock value. God doesn’t do that. Instead he gives us (the “characters”) a pen and lets us choose for ourselves what we want. The wonderful thing is that he doesn’t give up on us. We may choose to not want Him but He wants us and He isn’t giving up on us. He does not give up. He chases after us and wants to show us His love and goodness. Even with that He does not force. He follows after us like a good Father but THE CHOICE IS STILL OUR OWN. 

Just know, He won't give up on you. Have comfort that the good author LOVES YOU and is FIGHTING FOR YOU. 

Discussion Time

Thank you for reading this blog post! I hope you liked this post about God being the good author! Till next time, thank you so much for reading! I hope you have a beautiful rest of your day! 

I want to hear from you! Meet me in the comments and tell me what you thought about this post! How has God shown up as the good author in your life? Do you believe that God is love and is the good father? I would love to chat! 

If you have any questions or want to talk, make sure to comment down below! Be sure to subscribe to this blog to stay in the know because I post new content here every week. 

XOXO Moriyah 🤎


Comments

  1. Madisen Lynne LundquistDecember 16, 2022 at 9:53 AM

    A recent blessing for both me & my family was visiting my Nana, Papa & Uncle in Vegas🙌🏻😭
    LOVE THIS BLOG POST!!💛😭🙌🏻
    A God who wants our death yet sent His Son to die for us so we can be with Him & have an intimate relationship with Him just doesn't add up. I wish more people would understand this.
    Thanks for sharing all of this, Riyah!! It was all beautiful put! I love your heart not only for writing & your characters & story, but your heart for our Lord & Savior!!💛🙌🏻💛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! That is such a blessing to go see them! 🙌🏻😭🙌🏻
      Aww! THANK YOU MADI! 😍😭♥️🙌🏻
      Yes! I wish more people could see this too. God is so wonderful and loving and caring! He is our loving father and doesn’t want to see us harmed. I do think it hurts him. 🥺
      You’re welcome Madi! Thank you for reading and commenting!
      Aww! 😭😘 Thank you! You are so wonderful! Thank you for always being here for me and encouraging me!!! ♥️🙌🏻♥️
      I’m so happy to be posting here more often! It feels so good and I feel like God is working through my blog and my words! I’m so incredibly thankful to him! I suppose that would be my recent blessing! ☺️🙌🏻

      Delete
    2. Madisen Lynne LundquistDecember 21, 2022 at 1:32 PM

      You are soooo welcome!
      Yayyyyy!!🥳💛
      I LOVE YOUUUUUU!!😘🫶🏻

      Delete
    3. Thank you!! 😍
      🥳🥳🥳
      I LOVE YOUUUUU!!! 😍😘😘

      Delete
  2. Part I: https://fablerosemc.blogspot.com/2022/12/when-characters-become-real-part-i.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a reply 💛
I would LOVE to hear from you!

You May Also Like…