Small Ripples: Part II

 My Story  


Hello, lovely friend! 

Last week I wrote a post about the moments that led me to want to be a missionary. In part two I want to share the moment I knew I wanted to adopt. 

Small moments left a mark on my life. That made a ripple into my future. I don't know what it will look like. I am still in the unfolding stages of these dreams. I believe these are both things I will do in the future but God could lead me in a whole different way. But I do believe that these dreams were given to me for a reason. I don’t understand it all but I trust God with it all. That is all I can do. Trust Him. 

Now I want to tell you the two moments that lead to these dreams. Small and simple lasted all these years later. Many pivotal moments happened within about two years. I gave my life to Jesus and the dreams to be a missionary and to adopt happened very close to each other. All this happened between the ages of 6 and 7. Now at 17, they are still dreams and very much a part of my life. 

Now for a little story time.

The Adoption Story (the second story) 

After the little apartment, we moved into our very own house. It was a sweet house in a nice little neighborhood. Behind our house was a trail that went from the neighborhood, through a grassy field, and to a little group of stores including a blockbuster and would rent movies. Our house was wide and open and much better than the apartment from before. No longer did I need to walk with ballerina feet but I still liked to do it. The house in my memory was divided into three parts. The top of the house held the bedrooms (one shared for me and my sister, one for my parents, and the nursery for baby Ulysses). Then the ground level with the kitchen, dining room, and a clear view to the outside. Outside was wonderful with a big porch, a grassy yard, and a sandbox. The third level (basement) had a window looking to the porch. It was our living room with a TV and a little desk in the corner for my school work with letters from friends and my grandpa hidden inside. Stairs lead from the basement to the upstairs. It was only a few stairs and the whole area was nice and open. I remember mom painting the stairs with stenciled numbers. It was all so clean and open. I loved our little house. 

While there I had a best friend. I haven’t seen her in years and I’m sad to say I can’t remember her name. I do remember some of what she looked like and I will forever remember her and her family’s impact on my life. We only knew each other for a little while. I don’t think even half a year went past since we knew each other and she was gone. 

One day specifically remains in my mind. That day she and her family (her big sister, mom, and little brother) came over. I played with the sisters and my sister in my room. We played for a while and soon her little brother, maybe three or four years old, came into my room. I think that was the first time we met. My friend went over to him and moved her hands around speaking loudly to him. It was strange how close and loud she spoke to him and moved her hands. She told me he couldn’t hear. I didn’t realize then that she was speaking sign language. I didn’t really understand much of what was happening at that time. 

Later, whether it was her, her mother, or my mom (I can’t remember) told me about them moving. I was so sad when I heard that. She was my best friend but then I heard why and something clicked inside me. 

Her family had to move away to adopt a second child. That was when I found out that her brother who couldn’t hear was adopted. Mom (I think) told me how he was adopted from a different country. I never noticed before that he was different from his sister. I didn’t notice there was any difference before. I don’t think kids usually do. It isn’t until they are older and told there are differences that they can notice that difference. Until then it is just people, friends, babies, and older people who tower above you. 

Anyways, that was the first time I understood adoption. My best friend was moving away to adopt a new brother or sister. There was a meaning behind it. They were going to give a child a home, parents, love, and safety. It was a foreign idea to me that there could be people, kids like my siblings and I that didn’t have families and weren’t loved. How could there be such a thing? How was it possible? All children should be loved and cared for. I wanted to be like my friend’s parents. I wanted to adopt kids and babies and give them homes and love them and sing them songs and stories. I wanted to be their mother and love them. I thought that even if I could adopt one child if I could love one then that would be worth it. I knew then I couldn’t take care of every orphan but if I could just one, I would do that. Of course, I want as many children as I can but even if it’s only one, I will be thankful for that child and that opportunity, that blessing to be its mother. 

A bible story about ripple effects 

It’s these small moments that lead to a ripple effect of something great. These moments were small. A piece of paper hanging on a wall and a best friend moving away. Small moments lead to huge dreams and desires. 

God uses small moments and small things to do something great and wonderful. Something small ripples out into something beautiful. 

One of the first stories that popped into my mind is about a woman named Leah. Leah was the oldest of two sisters. She was plain but had a great desire to be loved and have children. Her father used her as a pawn to get what he wanted. She was made to marry a man who didn’t love her but loved her sister. Forever her husband loved Leah less. But God loved Leah. He saw Leah. He blessed her with children. From that blessing came a son. That son went on to father a lineage that led to a shepherd boy becoming King. That shepherd boy had a blessing in his life that led to a lineage with a promised king, a king who would save the world, a king called God’s son, and a king called Jesus. 

Small moments stretching out and changing lives. A single blessing can change the world. In a single moment and all is changed.



Discussion Time

Thank you for reading this blog post! I hope you liked this look into my life and some of the desires on my heart! 

I want to hear from you! Meet me in the comments and tell me what you thought about this post! Chances are you have dreams and desires in your life. What dreams has God planted in your heart? Can you remember the moment(s) that lead you here? I would love to chat! 

If you have any questions or want to talk, make sure to comment down below or find me on Instagram @fablerosemc!  

Be sure to subscribe to this blog to stay in the know because I post new content here every week. 

XOXO Moriyah 💛

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness Riyah!! You just have the sweetest heart & most beautiful God-given dream!!💛🙌🏻
    I LOVE you soooo much & cannot wait to watch your dreams unfold!!🙌🏻💛🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😍😭 Thank you so much sweet friend! You are so wonderful! Thank you for always being here and encouraging me! 😍😘
      I LOVE YOU!!! 😘😘😘 Thank you! 😍🥰

      Delete
    2. Madisen Lynne LundquistOctober 22, 2022 at 10:30 AM

      You are so welcome!!😭🙌🏻💛🙏🏻
      I'm so thankful I get to be in your life to be able to support & encourage you!!🥳🥳
      I LOVE YOU TOO!!😘💛😍😘

      Delete
    3. 😭 Thank you Madi! You have no idea how much that means to me! 😍😭🥳
      I’m so thankful you are in my life! 🤎
      I LOVE YOU!!! 😍😘😘😘

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a reply 💛
I would LOVE to hear from you!

You May Also Like…