Nutrition & Why It Matters + reading recommendations & challenge

 Lifestyle 


Hello, my friend! 

Welcome back to the Fable Rose blog! In this post, we are going to be talking about NUTRITION and why it matters to you in supporting your body and likewise your mindset! Plus I will be sharing some books I love that have helped me on my journey and I’m hoping will help you! 

Let’s get started! 

Nutrition: what is it? 

Nutrition is eating, specifically eating healthy nutrient-rich foods in a balanced diet that helps your body stay balanced, stay healthy, and grow. It is necessary for living a healthy, energetic life. By energetic, I mean that you have the energy to do life. You will have mental clarity and you will feel happy and able to do the things you want to do. 

Having a nutritious diet, you will also have a healthy mindset along with your body. It might sound a bit strange, but YOUR BRAIN NEEDS FOOD TOO. To be able to do all of the functions it needs, your brain needs certain foods (nutrients, minerals, & healthy fats) to properly operate. 

Healthy foods for your brain are leafy greens, berries, healthy fats (avocados), nuts and seeds, and more. You can look this up for more information but for now I just want to show you the importance of these “brain foods”. 

Here is an example. Your brain needs certain foods (nutrients) to properly operate. This is the same as a phone. You need to plug in your phone for it to properly operate or it dies (loses battery). Your brain is the same (though not so extreme). Your brain needs nutrients & healthy fats (if you’re wondering why I keep saying healthy fats, it’s because there is a difference between normal fats like from most meats and healthy fats like from avocados, nuts, eggs, and some fish) or else you are just constantly using up your brain but not ‘charging’ it so it becomes sluggish and mental health goes down

Here’s something to think about, your brain burns calories. No, thinking can’t make you lose weight (though that would be cool, LOL) but your brain does burn calories. Basically what this means in simple terms is that your brain consumes energy and needs nutrients to refill what it is burning. If you don’t = feeling fatigued, burnt out, have mental fog, low energy, etc. 

This is important and as such should be something you work on implementing into your life. 

Now I’m not saying you should go on a super strict diet. No. All I’m saying is to begin this Lifestyle change in your diet to improve your mentality. 

Where to start 

Here is my ‘diet’ challenge. Now before you click out of this post, I know I just said I wasn’t going to put you on a diet and I’m not. What I’m doing is the TIMER CHALLENGE. 

The TIMER CHALLENGE was revolutionary for me and my health. I talked about this in an earlier post, but I can have low blood sugar. Meaning when I was imbalanced (blood sugar wise) I was not in a good place mentally and emotionally. I would have big mood swings, low energy, foggy mentality, hard to concentrate, low creativity, and no motivation to do anything. I was also in a state of forever grumpiness (not the greatest). 

My mom actually challenged me on this TIMER CHALLENGE. She read about this challenge and thought it would help me. So I began the challenge. 

The TIMER CHALLENGE 

The challenge is to eat every 2-3 hours. Note, this is to eat constantly but it is to EAT MORE HEALTHILY. What I mean is to not stockpile lots of carbs, processed foods, and processed sugars. The goal is to make your own food and have healthy snacks. You can still have carbs and sugars but the goal is to move away from processed sugars and foods that have chemicals that mess with your body. WE ARE WORKING TOWARDS A HEALTHY BODY AND MINDSET.  

What this looks like. 

Wake up and within the first 90-ish minutes have Breakfast. 

2-3 hours later have a healthy snack (nuts, seeds, fruits, or vegetables) 

2-3 hours later —lunch 

2-3 hours later — a healthy snack 

2-3 hours later — dinner

2 hours later— snack (optional) 

Note: try not to eat anything too close to bedtime. You don’t want to overload your digestive system so close to bedtime. It can give you energy and make it hard to fall asleep. 

If the timer is too hard (or annoying). Just remember to have 3 meals a day + a snack in between. Simple. 

Thanks to this challenge my blood sugar leveled out and likewise so did my moods. It is incredible, I feel so much better and happier now being consistent in eating in this way. If I happen to skip a step, I can feel the difference. I highly recommend this challenge from a personal standpoint of it helping my health journey. 

Reading Resources 

If you want to learn more about having a healthy balanced diet, I recommend you read: 

Plant Over Processed by Andrea Hannemann. This is an incredible book full of yummy recipes to promote a healthy balanced plant over processed diet. Some of my favorite shakes are from this book! 

Also, if you click the above link, it will take you to Andrea’s (Andy’s) website where you can get access to some of her recipes and try them out right now! I recommend anything with chocolate or ice cream in the name (though that is my personal preference). 

Eat better, Feel better by Giada De Laurentiis. Giada is one of my favorite chefs ever. I love her cooking shows and this book was so fun to go through. (When I was little I would ask for her cooking show for my birthday). This is the second book I would recommend you read. The book’s focus is on feeling better through what you eat (by eating healthy). 

All Things Lovely by Jenn Johnson. This is a beautiful book (my mom’s favorite right now). I haven’t read all of it but what I have read is amazing! This is a beautiful book about having a whole life that is healthy in your mind, body, home, community, and everything! For nutritional purposes, I recommend you read chapter 10 which focuses on food and being healthy. But really, this book is amazing for the lifestyle of healthy life in all areas from a Christian perspective. 100% recommend. 

If you liked this post check out: 

Last Thoughts 

The goal of this post is to help you. To help promote your health and your mentality! 

I hope these resources and this post were encouraging to you and will help show you the way to promote a healthy lifestyle and mentality. 

Remember having a healthy mindset (mentality) will help you MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE which is a main point of this blog, in helping you and your dreams. 

Question Time! 

I want to hear from you! What did you think of today’s post? Will you take the Timer Challenge? Comment below and tell me your thoughts, I would love to chat! 

Also, tell me if you tried any of Andy’s recipes (what one) or if you will be trying one soon! If you would like me to post my own shake recipe, comment below telling me so! 

It is time to go after your health and your dreams! Today is your day to shine! 

Stay healthy, 

Moriyah 💛 


Comments

  1. First of all, yes please share your shake recipe!!😋
    And also, I have trouble with eating breakfast (I haven't ate breakfast for the past 5 months) and sometimes eating in general. I'm just not hungry and I'll sometimes feel like to vomit if I eat in the mornings (and sometimes at lunch too). Now I'm thinking about trying The Timer Challenge (btw thanks for sharing about that!), but do you have any other recommendations??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello friend! Thank you for commenting! Yes! I’ll share the recipe soon! I love shakes!
      I had no idea about that. I’m sorry friend. If you try the Timer Challenge I hope it helps you. I know how important eating consistently is because I had a similar struggle for YEARS.
      I just would not feel hungry or I’d feel sick so I would skip eating, but then my health was effected (in starving mode) and my moods & emotions were all over the place.
      The Timer Challenge really helped make me be consistent with myself in eating well. I found out that certain foods will mess with me in the mornings and make me feel sick (dairy, carbs, oatmeal). It’s weird but it lasts only for the morning and then I’m good for the rest of the day.
      Oat milk shakes & eggs are like the only thing right now that I don’t get sick with. I also make sure to have Digise & enzymes to help with digestion. I also know that detox teas can help with starting your morning right. I can send you links & any recipes (shakes/detox), just ask!
      I hope this can help you! I’ll be praying for you! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
      I love you sweet friend! 💛

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! Thank you so much for sharing!!💛
      It is weird, but it makes sense. 🙃
      Sooo, would you still eat even if you weren't hungry or felt like you were gonna be sick?? And how to you take Digize?? Like do you just rub some on your stomach area and on your chest or do you take it in a capsule?? And what supplements would you recommend??
      Sorry, that was a lot of questions.
      YESSS! I want all the recipes you throw my way!!
      Thanks again Riyah!! You are AMAZING!!
      I love you too!!💛💛

      Delete
    3. You’re welcome friend! 💛
      For the longest time I would just skip it because I hated to feel sick but then sometimes I would be sick because I wasn’t eating. Its strange.
      When I started the Timer Challenge I would make myself eat something in the morning even if was a cup of Cheerios or a banana. I really started listening to my body. How would I feel after I eat…(fill in the blank)? How do I feel in the morning? I really started asking myself questions and tried to listen to my body & its needs. I started changing up my breakfast & I tried new breakfasts until I found a food (or foods) that didn’t make me feel sick.
      I take 2 drops of Digize in a capsule after meals. When really sick, I will rub it on my stomach. If I’m feeling like I have to throw-up I will take 1-2 capsules of activated charcoal (works every time).
      Supplements I would recommend are Enzymes (papaya enzymes, MightyZyme, or Essentialzymes-4, anything Young Living), a probiotic, & Sulfurzyme (Ninxia Red too is good for overall health).
      Send me all the questions! I love helping!
      You’re welcome! You are so sweet! 🥰
      Love you! 💛💛💛

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a reply 💛
I would LOVE to hear from you!

You May Also Like…