Belief: Why it matters to make your dreams come true

 Writing 


Hello lovely reader! 

Today we are talking about Belief. Specifically, WHY BELIEF MATTERS TO MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE. 

This concept of belief works in everything, every dream you have. I will be focusing primarily on writing because I am a writer, and this is something important I have had to learn. 

I will be talking about the upside of belief and why it matters as well as the downside of unbelief and how it traps us. 

I will be breaking this down into three parts. 1. Belief in yourself. 2. Believe you are capable. 3. Belief in your dreams. Let’s get started! 

1. Belief In Yourself 

This is the most important thing when going after your dreams and in life. You need to believe in yourself. You need to know you are capable and right where you need to be. 

If you are constantly doubting yourself with negative thoughts of “I can’t do this.” “There is someone better than me.” “I’m not qualified.” “I don’t have the talent.” (on and on the list goes on) then you are hurting yourself and your creativity. 

Let me just say to STOP. Right now. Stop listening to that negative voice telling you this. Don’t believe these thoughts, these doubts, naysayers. Believe in yourself and all that you are. 

You are a marvelous creation made by God. You are created with talents and beauty and love. Believe in yourself because God believes in you. He created you. He knew you before you were born. He created you intricately and perfectly. He loves you. In this, you can believe and if you believe this, you can believe in yourself. 

I’ll be talking more on this topic in a later post this month so stay tuned for that!

2. Believe You Are Capable 

Do you remember the story of the little engine that could? The little engine had to believe she could do it. Over and over she had to tell herself “I think I can. I think I can. I think I can!” Because she believed in herself, she was able to do it and bring the toys over the hills and mountains to the children. 

I love the above quote because it is exactly this point. If you believe you can, you can, and you will. This is very motivating, but there is also a warning. The opposite is true. If you believe you can’t and you listen to the negative voice of doubt, then you can’t. 

Let’s be practical with this. I’m a writer. To be a good writer I have to believe in myself. I have to believe I am good enough, that I have the talent, that I can do this, that this is my unique story to share. When I believe this about myself I write better. I write with confidence saying, yes I can do this and I am the person for this. 

But when I believe the opposite, that I’m a bad writer, I don’t have the talent, there is someone better for this, then this will affect my writing. I will be less confident in myself so I will second guess everything and won't be able to even write down a single word. I'll get stuck in my head full of discouragement. To get out of this, I have to start believing in myself again. 

I love the story of how Walt Disney’s teacher told him he has no imagination. Why do I love this story? I love this story because I know Disney as one of the most creative people ever. It’s WALT DISNEY the creator of Mickey Mouse and so many beautiful imagine-filled stories. He was told he has no imagination. Did that stop him? NO! He believed in himself and his talents and became famous for being full of imagination. 

Believe in yourself. If you don't believe in yourself then you won’t be able to do all that is inside of you. You will lack the confidence and the courage to go after your dreams and the things pressing in on your heart. Be like Disney and never give up on yourself and your dreams. 

Belief in yourself is key to making your dreams come true. 

3. Belief in Your Dreams 

The next big thing I want to talk about is BELIEF IN YOUR DREAMS. 

You need to believe in your dreams, believe they are possible, and believe you are the person to accomplish them. Don’t doubt your dreams, your callings. Go after them. 

DON'T GIVE UP. No matter what, don’t give up. Keep going, keep reaching and achieving. 

In my writing, I have to not only believe in myself and my capabilities, but I also have to believe in my writing (my dreams for writing). If I don’t and I constantly doubt that this is right or going to work or if I “what if…?” The whole process, then my writing will go nowhere. 

I will be stuck in a downward spiral of doubts and discouragement. You have to believe that you are capable and your calling (dream, pursuit) is valid. 

If I don’t believe in my writing and believe the stories I’m writing matter (even if it is just for me) then I won't be able to write. Even if I try, my thoughts will be so negative of myself that it won’t be long before I quit

Believe in your dreams the same as in yourself. Don’t give up on your dreams too easily. Be persistent. Don’t let a no or negative thought hold you back from going after your dreams and becoming everything you are meant to be.  

Ending Note + Challenge 

I can’t doubt myself. I need to stand firm in what I believe in. This goes in my faith as a Christian and as a writer, an artist, and a dreamer. Believe in yourself. Stand firm. Don’t back down. 

Be confident in yourself, your abilities, and what you are doing. This is so important. 

Belief is key to…everything. Believe in yourself, your passion, your capabilities, your voice, your talents, your story, your business, your faith, your everything. 

BELIEF IS THE KEY. 

I WANT TO CHALLENGE YOU. I want to challenge you to believe in yourself. Be like the little engine that could and tell yourself that you can. It starts mentally and becomes reality. SPEAK TRUTH OVER YOURSELF. 

I want you to say, “I believe in myself. I believe I am capable. I believe in my dreams. I can do this. I am worthy. I believe this.” 

If you want to go a bit further into identity say this: “I will believe in myself because God believes in me. He created me. He knew me before I was born. He created me intricately and perfectly. He loves me. I believe this that he loves me, so I can believe in myself.” 

If You liked this post be sure to check out: 

Question Time! 

I want to hear from you! Have you done the challenge? If not, speak it out! Tell me how it went. How do you feel after speaking that over yourself? I would love to chat! 

Tune in NEXT WEEK for a post on Sleep and why it matters not only for your health but for your mentality which goes into making your dreams come true! 

Happy Writing, 

Moriyah 💛 

Comments

You May Also Like…