Intro: My Faith (+ the challenge)

 My Faith


Hello Wonderful Reader! 

Welcome to the first post of “My Faith”! 

My faith is the most important thing to me. I am a Christian and worshiper of Jesus Christ! I am a child of God, my identity is in him. 

I want to share with you my faith and beliefs. This is so important to me—my faith in Jesus, my Lord, and Savior. 

I shared a bit of my Testimony in the post “Intro Book Love.” That was the start of my faith, the beginning of my journey. God gave me a gift and still, he continues to give me gifts. 

The journey wasn’t always smooth or perfect. I have gone through hard times and challenges. I have had times of depression, pain, doubts, and questions. My life isn’t always perfect but with God, I am learning to look for the good and find the light. With him, there is peace and joy, and freedom. 

I want this for you. I want you to experience God’s steadfast love, his peace that surpasses understanding, his overflowing joy, and his freedom. I want you to have a relationship with him. A DEEP MEANINGFUL LIFE-CHANGING RELATIONSHIP. 

Relationship

I want to encourage you to have a relationship with God. 

My relationship and time with God is the most important time of my day and life. Every morning I wake up, and the first thing I do before ANYTHING is my Bible time—my time with the Lord. 

No one else is awake but me and God in the early morning light when I have my time with Him. I love that time with Him. In my time alone with Him, I have learned so much about Him and about life. My day is good when I start it with Him. 

I love this verse in Psalm because it sums this up really well. (If you haven’t read Psalm, I highly recommend reading it! It is a book of psalms, prayers, poetry, and songs! It is a beautiful book that always encourages me). 

Let me hear of your steadfast love in the morning, 

    for in you I put my trust.

Teach me the way I should go,

    for to you I lift up my soul.” 

Psalm 143:8 (NRSV) 


I heard someone once say (I don’t remember who) that basically how you start your morning is the basis for how the rest of the day will play out. This is very true for me. When I start my day in the Word of God, spending my mornings on him, my day is good, I feel positive and happy. If for some reason I don’t spend my mornings with him, or something interrupts me, I have a bad day. I feel grumpy, annoyed, and off for the whole day for no reason. But you see, there is a reason. I didn’t spend time with the Lord, and my mood plummeted. 

My time with God affects my mindset. When I am with him, I have peace and joy, and it gives me a good outlook on the world and my life. When I’m not with him, then I don’t have these good things to start (and continue) my day with.

I don’t have an exact reason for why this happens. This is individual to me. My story. But I know its effect. For me, I think this is cool to see. God’s Word has such an impact on my life that I have major mood swings and mental fogs when I’m not spending that time with Him. 

It wasn’t always this way. When I first became a believer I wasn’t affected in this way, it did have this big of an impact, I was only beginning a relationship with Him. It took time, years of being consistent in His Word, and building a relationship with Him for me to be in this place now where I am reliant on His Word and His voice in everything. 

He Speaks 

Do you know that feeling in your gut? That feeling saying you should do something or shouldn’t? Your conscience? 

Well, I have a different name for that. I like to say that the feeling, your conscience, is God. It is His silent voice in your life leading you in the right direction and stirring you off the paths that can hurt you. 

I believe that God does indeed still speak and that he does do miracles. He is still working. He never stopped and never will. 

It is the quiet times I find him. HE IS THE STILL SMALL VOICE, MY CONSCIENCE. I may not hear him in a thundering voice, but I do feel him in the gentle stirrings of my heart, the small voice that won’t go away. 

I found that when you are looking for miracles, you can’t help but see miracles in everything. In all you do, if miracles are what you are searching for, that is what you will see. You will see miracles in waking up, in seeing the sunrise or the sunset. You will see miracles in those you love, in the relationships you have, in the trees, in the sky, in the small things. 

But if you are not looking for miracles then you will not see miracles. Someone can be miraculously healed right in front of you but you will doubt it because you aren’t looking for miracles. 

I want you to know and see that he does speak. He is active and moving, alive in our lives. He wants to be a part of your life. He wants to speak to you, to show you miracles. You just have to listen, to be still and quiet. LET HIM SPEAK, LET HIM LEAD IN YOUR LIFE. 

This is something I am learning: letting God lead in my life. It can be challenging, but in the end, it is worth it. 

The Challenge

I want to challenge you today to spend time with God. I challenge you to read the Bible and pray every day starting today for a month. Ideally, my hope is for this to become a daily thing you do for the rest of your life. But let’s start here. Let us go after God, seek Him, and start a relationship with Him. 

When you get to know him and spend active time with him, you build a relationship. When you have a relationship you begin to hear and feel God in greater ways. You begin to see him in everything, the everyday miracles. You begin to feel His still small voice, the tug in your gut, and realize that it is Him and that he is speaking to you. 

This is my challenge. I dearly hope you will join this challenge and begin to build a relationship with Him. 

Check this out! 

If you liked this post be sure to check out these past posts: 

Question Time! 

I want to hear from you! What are you looking forward to hearing about in My Faith? Are you a Christian? What do you do to spend time with Him? Do you hear his voice, the silent gut feelings he gives? I would love to chat! 

Keep reading to hear about more My Faith and other topics. My next post on My Faith will be on belief, specifically on what God says about you as his child! 

You are his child—a child of God! You are loved and made with a purpose! 

 Tune in NEXT WEEK (the first week of March) for a post about one of my favorite books of all time! Clue: it’s about siblings who find a magical wardrobe and travel to a wondrous and magical world! 

—Moriyah 💛 


Comments

  1. This post was AMAZING!! I totally feel called out. These last couple weeks I haven't been taking the time to talk with God in the morning and getting in His Word, and I can feel it. Will definitely be opening up my Bible tomorrow morning.
    Thanks for sharing your heart & for the challenge!!
    I love you so much Riyah! And I love seeing your post and how the Lord is working in your life!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet friend! I’m glad I have been able to encourage you to read your Bible and spend more time with God! It means so much to me that what I wrote could help! I credit it all to God!
      You’re welcome! I hope you get closer to God and build a stronger relationship with God as you spend more time with Him!
      I love you too Madi! Thank you so much for reading and commenting on this post! And thank you for sharing with me!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a reply 💛
I would LOVE to hear from you!

You May Also Like…