Revising + Printing My Novel

 Bonus Writing 



Hello! 

Today is a happy day! In this bonus post, I am writing about my book progress! 

If you didn’t know, I am a writer. Last year, November 2021, I wrote my first ever full-length novel! Presenting Absolom, my brainchild! Confetti time! 

December 2021 I took a break from writing for the holiday season. In the last week of December, I read through my book for the first time, start to finish. Plus I began the first round of revisions. Revision is the process of making your novel better. It is clarification, grammar, taking and adding scenes, and the whole rewriting process after the initial writing of your book. There is a lot that goes into revising and I will go more into this in a later post. This revision was focused on clarification and adding details (world-building). 

January 2022, I took a two-week break before I started my second run-through of revisions. This one was focused on grammar and spelling. 

February 2022, I read my novel, start to finish, for the second time. After reading it, I added a new chapter near the end for clarification. 

Then TWO DAYS AGO, I printed my novel on my home printer for my 3rd round of revisions and corrections. I like to be thorough so I have highlighters and pens and an outline for how I am going to go through this revision. I am really happy with where my book is now so I don’t think there will be a ton of corrections but I still like to go through the full process. 

Once I go through this print version, I am going to print it for my beta readers. Beta readers are the first readers of your book (besides you). You want trusted people who will want what is best for you. They will be honest and help you make your book better. They will tell you what is good and working and what might need improvement. My goal is to get my beta readers reading Absolom within the next month or so (between March and early May). 

Check this out! 

If you liked this post be sure to check out these past posts

Thank you! 

Thank you for reading this post and being a part of this community. I hope you liked this bonus post focused on my novel’s revisions. If you are interested in more posts like this, be sure to comment and let me know. 

Question Time! 

I want to hear from you! How are you today? Are you a writer, and if so, what are you writing? How do you like the revision process? What is your favorite drink to have while writing & reading? My favorite drink for writing, if you are wondering, is coffee, but right now my favorite drink for writing is iced chai tea with oat milk. It is sooo good! Tell me your favorite drink below in the comments! I would love to chat! 

Tune in THIS FRIDAY for the first post about “My Faith”! Till then I hope you have a marvelous day! 

Happy writing! 

—Moriyah 💛 


Comments

You May Also Like…