Celebrating finishing writing my third book + the purpose behind our gifts




Hello, lovely friend! 

Today I am celebrating finishing my third written book! If you have been around here for the past few weeks (or been on my Instagram) you have probably heard me talk about my latest writing project called A Pumpkin Hill Story

This is an autumn-feeling book that has been SO fun to write. It is cozy, full of baking treats, cozy, emotional, autumnal, artistic, and healing. 

I am sharing a sneak peek from the story here: https://fablerosemc.blogspot.com/2022/10/A-never-before-seen-sneak-peek-of-A-Pumpkin-Hill-Story.html 

The story behind A Pumpkin Hill Story 

A Pumpkin Hill Story is a story about finding yourself, healing from past traumas, fixing broken relationships, and finding the light. 

This was a personal story to me. Similar to A Hawaiian Summer (the book I wrote this summer) this one I took something from my story and turned it into fiction. Into a story of healing. A story I hope will help people heal. 

If you want to read about the story inspiration behind A Hawaiian Summer check out this blog post: https://fablerosemc.blogspot.com/2022/06/what-Im-working-on-in-June-Im-writing-a-new-book.html 

A Hawaiian Summer was about body image and the healing journey God took me on when I lived in Hawaii.

 A Pumpkin Hill Story takes inspiration from a harder point in my life. A time when I was shattered and felt broken, dark, and without hope. This is the before. This was the beginning of a long road of healing even before Hawaii. 

Check this post if you want to hear a little more: https://fablerosemc.blogspot.com/2022/05/happy-mothers-day.html

Now this is NOT a backstory to A Hawaiian Summer. This has new characters and a completely new setting. This is separate but would be considered (to me) to live in the same book universe and would be a standalone novella connected to a series (if A Hawaiian Summer was a series which I’m not saying it is, nor am I saying it isn’t). 

Art was my outlet at that time (which is some of the inspiration behind this story as well as the autumn season). At that time it was hard for me to speak and to express my emotions and thoughts but art wasn’t hard for me. Art was how I expressed myself. Similar in the way my main guy character in A Pumpkin Hill Story expresses himself. Though this story is a completely new story it has pieces of my journey hidden inside. 

God took me on an amazing healing journey through that time. The healing journey didn’t stop there, it continued in Hawaiian all the way through writing A Hawaiian Story. Even while writing this book I felt the healing journey continue in a new way.  

 I Want… 

I’m finding out more about myself. I love writing but I don’t just want to write. I want to help people. I want to help people heal. I want to show people that healing is possible, that God healed me and that He can heal you. I don’t want to just write to write, I want to do it for a bigger purpose. I want to help people. I want to glorify God through my writing, bringing Him honor and praise. 

God gave me this gift for a reason and not just for myself. Maybe that reason is to help people through this gift. 

The Purpose Behind Our Gifts 

God gives us all gifts. Beautiful wonderful gifts. They aren’t just for us alone to keep our gifts to ourselves. They are gifts to magnify Him and to shine a light in the world. There are many gifts and talents. He gave them to us for a reason. 

In my post about Doing Good Works, I talked about using the gifts that God gave you and being faithful to what He has given you. 

“You were created to do good. God has planted inside of you gifts, talents, and desires. What are you going to do with it? How are you going to be faithful with what he has given you?” 

Now, I’m saying to look for the why

Why has God given you these gifts? What purpose has God given you? What is your mission? He has a purpose for you, a calling. He made you. In Him you have a purpose. 

‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’” —Jeremiah 29:11

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” —Romans 8:28 

For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” —Ephesians 2:10 


Discussion Time

Thank you for reading this blog post! I hope you like this post and found it inspiring! I cannot wait for the day I get to share my writing with ALL OF YOU! 

I want to hear from you! Meet me in the comments and tell me what you think your gift is? Why do you think you have this gift? What could God be calling you to do with your gifts? I would love to chat! 

If you have any questions or want to talk, make sure to comment down below or find me on Instagram @fablerosemc!  

Be sure to subscribe to this blog to stay in the know because I post new content here every week. 

XOXO Moriyah 💛


Comments

  1. Yayyyyyyy!!! Congratulations Riyah!!🥳📚💛🍁 I am so happy & so proud of you!!! I can't wait to read your story!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!!!! 😍🥳📚🥳
      I can’t wait for you to read my stories! 😍😍😍

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a reply 💛
I would LOVE to hear from you!

You May Also Like…