Aesthetic Fun


 

— Aesthetic Fun—

& writing discouragement + a warning 


Hello, Sweet Friend! Today I want to share about a summer fun activity I did this week and give a writing update sort of like I would on emails since I’ve changed to emailing y’all every other week so this is basically what you would have gotten this week! It is…not the happiest of news but I hope I am still able to give you hope and encouragement. Since writing this I feel much better and happier about the situation though it’s still emotional for me to think about but I’m getting there. 

And, if you would do me a quick favor, please comment at the end of this post and let me know if you like this new post format AND do you prefer long or shorter posts (like this one) from me better? I’m just putting together ideas for summer posts and want to give you posts that you enjoy reading (and if you happen to think of topics you’d like to see then that would be amazing too)! 

Now without further ado, the post…





Two days ago I wanted to do some aesthetic summer fun activities! Since summer started I have been wanting to do a tea party + picnic with lemon blueberry cake and that's exactly what I did (though the weather was a bit chilly so I stayed mostly inside). 


Two days ago I needed to do something fun and happy! Three days ago something happened with my writing that crushed me. 


As some of you know (if you’ve been following me on Instagram), I finished my newest novel 𝕊𝕨𝕖𝕖𝕥 𝔼𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝔸𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕣  four days ago. Then the next morning my device that holds all my writing crashed. After hours of stress and praying my dad was able to help me restart my device. But when I opened it up…there was nothing there. 


Thankfully (Praise Jesus) my dad had told me a while ago to make sure to save my books to Evernote (an online notes app). I was able to get back all my writing…that is except for the final 6 chapters (over 8,000 words) of Sweet Ever After.


I wept. 


I wept from heartbreak over losing those final chapters I poured my heart out to. I wept for what I lost. But at the same time, I wept from thankfulness. I could have lost ALL my writing in a single moment. All of it. God protected that from happening. Yes, I'm still sad and I have zero creativity in me right now but I'm so thankful it isn't worse. 


I can rewrite. God was my writing partner through the entire process and I know He will still be with me now.  


I find it fortunate that as I'm going through this I'm reading Job. Job went through massive loss. While my loss isn't comparable to Job in any way I find understanding and hope in the words. There is loss and questioning and depression but there is also hope and God and the hope of restoration of things lost. Right now that is very comforting. 


It’s also helpful for me to know this isn’t the end of the world. Things could have been much worse. I lost a few chapters and those can be restored and rewritten. Job lost EVERYTHING. It helped give me perspective to look for the positive in my situation because really it isn’t the worse thing. There are so many things—bad, awful, heartbreaking things—that happen in the world everyday and right now. My little heartbreak is small in comparison. I’m not saying you can’t feel loss or heartbreak over small things…no, I think it’s healthy and good to feel those things (it’s shows you have a heart and emotions)…what I’m not saying to do is be stuck in that place of heartbreak forever in whatever situation you are in. Chances someone else has is worse than you. You can be thankful. Even in the hard and struggle you can be thankful. 


𝘈𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘣𝘦 𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘫𝘰𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘓𝘰𝘳𝘥. 𝘐 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯—𝘳𝘦𝘫𝘰𝘪𝘤𝘦! 𝘓𝘦𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰. 𝘙𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘓𝘰𝘳𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘰𝘰𝘯. 𝘋𝘰𝘯’𝘵 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨; 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘥, 𝘱𝘳𝘢𝘺 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨. 𝘛𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘎𝘰𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘥𝘰𝘯𝘦. 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘎𝘰𝘥’𝘴 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦, 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘥. 𝘏𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘢𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘊𝘩𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘵 𝘑𝘦𝘴𝘶𝘴.

-Philippians 4:4-7


So to close this post, if you are a writer I encourage you to SAVE YOUR NOVELS in multiple places like in Evernote or even in a physical copy. I want your & my books to stay safe!  


And finally, trust in God. He has everything in His hands. While I don't know 𝘸𝘩𝘺 I lost what I did. I'm trusting in God and trying to look at the positive. I don't know where you are or what you are struggling with but I do know that God loves you and is with you! Don't give up hope. <3 




So because of this, I'll be taking time to rewrite. While I don't feel well enough to write right now, I know I will soon. I also might not be super active for a bit. I just don't feel creative enough to post though honestly that could change and I might be posting again really soon especially since it’s summer and I have at least two posts for summer almost ready to be posted. XD I did want to give you an update so you know that if I end up disappearing and not responding for a stretch of time then this is why. 


If you made it this far then THANK YOU! Thank you so much for reading and being a part of my life and journey! Here is a verse from Job I read this week that's been encouraging and comforting to me! 


𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘳.

𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘺;

𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺.

𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘺.

𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘢𝘴 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘢𝘴 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨.

𝘏𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘦.

𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘴𝘢𝘧𝘦𝘵𝘺.

-𝘑𝘰𝘣 11:15-18


I’ll talk to you later, friend! I hope all of you have been doing good and that your summer has been happy and blessed! 

Meet me in the comments and tell me a verse or Bible passage that’s been encouraging to you lately? I’m thinking of doing a summer post both about My Summer TBR and My Aesthetic Summer Fun Activity List! Let me know what one you’d like to see first! Also, if there is a specific summer post or just post in general that you’d like me to do, then please leave your request in the comments below!!! 

If you have any questions or want to talk, make sure to comment down below! Be sure to subscribe to this blog to stay in the know because I post new content here every week. ALSO, If you want to hear more about my writing and read snippets from my stories, make sure you are subscribed because I am doing special updates for BLOG SUBSCRIBERS ONLY! 

Love, Moriyah 💛


Comments

  1. That is absolutely heartbreaking Riyah😭 I'm so sorry that you lost the last six chapters. But I am praising God that it was only six & not the whole book🙌🏻
    God was with in the writing process before & He will be with you now. & this will work for HIS GLORY!
    I love all your posts, long & short, I read every word!! I cannot wait for your summer posts!!!
    A verse that has been encouraging me is Romans 15:13. It's the NYC theme verse & as I'm polishing up on my memorization of it, it has been in my head & heart <3
    "May the God of hope fill you with all joy & peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
    Romans 15:13
    I LOVE YOU SWEET FRIEND!!!💛💛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was 😭 I really felt a bit like Jo in Little Women when she lost her book (I’m just so so thankful it wasn’t the whole thing!). YESSS!!! Praise Jesus it was only those chapters and nothing more!!! 🙌🏻
      *teary eyes* Thank you Madi!!! He was with me then and He will be with me now! I can already see that. Since starting to rewrite I feel like things have expanded (surprisingly) and even a new chapter and conversations were added that I love even more now but probably wouldn’t have thought to put in unless that happened. So even though it was so hard to go through already I’m seeing the blessing in it. YESSS!!! I really think this will work for HIS GLORY!!! I can’t wait to see what He does with this story! 🙌🏻 💛
      Aww! Thank you!!! 😍 YAYYY!!! I’m SO excited for the summer posts! They (I think) will be more on the shorter side but who knows? They could end up being massive. 😂
      I LOVE THAT VERSE! <3 Thank you for sharing it with me Madi! Also, I’m praying for you all while going to NYC! I hope you all have an incredible and blessed time!
      I LOVE YOU OH SO MUCH SWEET FRIEND!!! 💛💛💛

      Delete
  2. Moriyah!! Oh my goodness, when I read this, I could almost feel the shock and disappointment!! I am so sorry, my dear! Losing a draft is NO FUN at all. I'm so grateful you were able to retrieve most of it though!

    I enjoyed reading this post so much! I concur with Madisen, all your posts are delightful! (Because of my eye issues, short posts are easier to read for me personally, but sometimes I have my phone read the long ones for me lol! AI at it's best!) I am so grateful for your beautiful words and the light you share on this blog. YOU ARE AMAZING. I am SO proud of you and hope you feel better soon, sweet friend!

    All my love, (plus some virtual gluten-free cupcakes & cookies!)
    - Shira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! It was so…shocking. I was not well that whole day and the following. I was just…i couldn’t believe it happened and I felt like I had nothing left inside of me.
      Yes!!! Me too!!! I am SO incredibly thankful it was only a few chapters and not the entire thing!
      I’m doing much better now! I started rewriting two days ago and so far it’s been really wonderful! The words are coming back to me and it’s even better I think than before!

      Yay! I’m so glad you liked this post! Aww!!! Thank you so much! *heart eyes* Okay! I’ll keep that in mind while writing! I’m so glad you are able to use AI to read for you! That’s so wonderful!!!
      Aww! Thank you so much Shira! You are the SWEETEST! *wipes happy tears from eyes* Thank you so much for saying this! Your words mean so much to me! <3

      Thank you! *takes the virtual gluten-free cupcakes & cookies* ☺️💛 Here are some virtual gluten-free cookies & cake for you *hugs*! Also, happy late Independence Day!!! I hope you had a wonderful day!!!

      Love,
      Moriyah

      Delete
  3. Oh, Moriyah, I am so, so sorry. Been there, experienced that, cried those tears. So grateful you backed up the majority of your story. <3 I do know, though, that the rewrite is usually better than the original. (I lost the first 10,000 words of KEY...and I much prefer what I have to what was.)

    Again, girl, I am so, so worry this happened. Hugs and best wishes for an expedient and easy rewrite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Madi! Me too! I’m so happy and thankful it was only the ending and not everything!!! <3
      Oh no! *shock face* I’m so so sorry that happened to you too. That’s awful. I can’t believe the first 10,000 words of KEY. KEY is my FAVORITE of your books (so far that I’ve read) and I love the beginning so I can agree with you on that!
      As I’ve started rewriting I can definitely see that. Already the story is not changing exactly but expanding and new conversations are showing up that I love so much! So, as surprising as it is to say, I think this was a bit of a blessing in disguise. The story I think is becoming better than before and I’m so happy about that! <3

      Thank you so much for your support and words of encouragement! They mean so much to me and are definitely helping me write my story! Honestly, I know I’m only now responding but I read this the day you commented and it gave me so much peace and courage to begin writing again. Before reading this I had no creativity in me and I was just so heartbroken and did not want to write anything. But reading your words and hearing about KEY (though I know must have been so heartbreaking for you) really helped me! Thank you so much for that! *hugs* <3

      Delete
  4. Awww, Moriyah.... *hugs* I'm SO sorry you lost those chapters!!! That's every writer's worst nightmare 😢 (Saw your comment to Madisen - I would've felt like Jo too! *shudders* I hate reading that part in Little Women because it just feels too real, hah.) But yes, praise God the whole book wasn't lost! I'm praying the rewriting process of those chapters goes even better than the first time around. <3

    Also, I loved the format of this post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a reply 💛
I would LOVE to hear from you!

You May Also Like…