A thought: God brings people into our lives


A thought: God brings people into our lives 

| a ramble of thought |


Hello, Sweet Friend! 

I was chatting with a friend on BEHOLD PEACE. We were talking about different things and then we got on the topic of being alike to each other. Both of us have similar desires mainly with us both wanting to adopt. That got me thinking about God and one of His roles in my life (for there are many). 

Specifically, I was thinking about how God brings into my life exactly who I need and that not every situation is a bad one or will end in ruin, and that it’s okay for relationships to change. I feel like I can go all in-depth on this topic but for now, I want to focus on some of the people He has brought into my life recently. 

God brings people into our lives 

I love how God can bring people into our lives that have similar desires and thoughts to encourage us and be friends with us! I’m amazed by all God does and all the wonderful people and friends He has brought into my life! 

Recently it’s been so encouraging to meet people close to my age with similar desires for adoption and missions! It’s all been quite recently and has come from being online. For these connections alone I’m thankful God brought me to these online platforms. I never would have imagined that by joining things like Instagram, Goodreads, and blogging I would be able to meet wonderful young women who like me have a heart for adoption and the mission field. I know it’s not by accident. I know this was God’s plan and desire for me. It’s amazing! 

I know it’s not only for me, but I think it’s for them too. Maybe they too needed to meet someone with the same desires as them. Maybe, like me, they needed the encouragement and fellowship that comes with bonding over such a desire. 

Changing the world with Jesus 

It makes me so grateful, and I think maybe, just maybe, we can change the world a bit. I think our desires--these ones especially for being mothers to the motherless and sharing the good news--can change the world for the better bit by bit. Just think how much one life can change things. How one life can affect generations—can birth generations. The world changes with things like this. 

By adopting, you are becoming a mother to the motherless. Father to the fatherless. Think how much a child’s life can change with love and God at their center. Think how much their life can affect others with that love and light inside of them. Think of the children they could have and the impact you did by adopting and now being a grandparent. Think of the generations after who will be affected. It’s absolutely incredible. 

The same goes for the mission field. The only difference is you aren’t the person adopting, but Jesus is. He is the one who saves them all. That person who accepts Jesus into their heart will change forever for now they are of God’s family. Their life too will have a great impact even if that’s only on their children and future generations. 

All of this is possible. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! In Him, all things are possible—even changing the world. If we truly trust in Him and believe in those words I don’t see how we couldn’t through Him do exactly that.

The importance of connection 

I think God brings people into our lives. He brings people in to help us, change us, encourage us, teach us, and even test us (though not in a mean way, a “will you listen and follow me and my voice” kind of testing). 

God gave us a community for a reason. He gave us a desire for friendship, love, companionship, and fellowship with each other. We are not meant to be completely and entirely alone (even to my fellow introverted friends, this is true (I think this is a good reason why God made families, lol)). We have friends, family, neighbors, and communities. We are social beings. Yes, even introverts like me, who would rather spend their time in books. 

But you see, even there it is a desire and longing for people and connection that can drive us to books. How many of us have “book friends” who are quite literally characters in books? So often I see people *bookstagrammers & writergrammers* talking about characters being both their best friends and ‘book boyfriends’. Now there is nothing wrong with this (when it is fun and jokes), but there is this desire for connection. A desire that is in all of us. A desire God put inside of us. Not for fictional friends but for real-life connections and friendships. 

I’m not sure of my exact point in sharing this. I suppose I’m just writing down my thoughts and views about this…about the human need for connection. It’s in all of us. I suppose the question is, are we going to engage in it? Are we going to connect and form relationships with people? Are we going to get uncomfortable and talk to people (even if that is just online, though in-person friends would be amazing too)? I realize not everyone is in a place where they can make in-person relationships, but could you through a different way? Could you write letters (which…I’m needing to write (seriously this is just me talking to myself rn, lol)), write emails, send text messages, and connect on blogs or Instagram? Is there a way you can connect and meet with people (even online or through letters)?

Be a light 

Connection is important. With that connection, as Christians, let’s also be lights! Show love, patience, kindness, and Jesus. Follow His example to the best of your abilities and be a light to those around you! 

On my platforms, I want to be a light for Him. If you have a platform then you too have that ability to be a light for Jesus. How are you using your light? Are you showing Jesus to people? Are you kind and loving? Are you patient and caring? How can you be a light for Jesus today? 

That is my ‘homework’ for you today! Do something to be a light for Jesus! It doesn’t have to be big. It could be messaging someone and saying you are thinking or praying for them. It could be not complaining when you have chores. It could be cleaning up one of your siblings' messes. It could be checking your words and making sure what you are saying will help people. It could be smiling at a stranger when you are grocery shopping (or at the bookstore or library). It could be a hundred things, but none of them have to be scary or hard. Sometimes the small quiet ones are what is best.




BEHOLD PEACE Update: 

The first Bible study in BEHOLD PEACE  is on Esther! Esther Chapter One, the second post in the Esther Study (Chosen, Favored, & Planned by God), is now published and ready to read!  

I’m so excited to be starting this Bible study with you! I hope you check it out! Make sure to come back to BEHOLD PEACE this Monday because we will be reading and discussing Esther chapter 2!!! 




More posts…




***

Discussion Time

I hope you liked this (kinda rambly) post!!! Thank you so much for reading! <3 

I want to hear from you! Meet me in the comments and tell me what you thought of today’s post? Are you taking the challenge? How will you be a light for Jesus today? Have you gone to BEHOLD PEACE? I would love to chat! 

If you have any questions or want to talk, make sure to comment down below! Be sure to subscribe to this blog to stay in the know because I post new content here every week. ALSO, If you want to hear more about my writing and what I’m reading, make sure you are subscribed because I am doing special updates for BLOG SUBSCRIBERS ONLY! 

XOXO Moriyah 🤎


Comments

  1. Beautiful post, Riyah! I loved it! I so completely agree, and this post made me smile. Thanks for sharing all of these wonderful thoughts!!! Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thank you so much, Erin (or Rin 😉)!
      I’m so glad you loved this post and that it made you smile! ☺️ You’re welcome! Thank you chatting with me about this over on BEHOLD PEACE!!! 💛🙌🏻
      Have a wonderful day!!!

      Delete
    2. I am LOVING Behold Peace! It's amazing! Haha, I love the nickname 'Rin'! It's so cute!

      Delete
    3. Aww!!! Thank you so much!!! I’m SO glad you are liking it! 🥰💛 Yay!!! It is so cute! ☺️ Do you mind if I call you ‘Rin’?

      Delete
  2. Madisen Lynne LundquistFebruary 10, 2023 at 10:19 AM

    I loved hearing your thoughts Riyah!! Such a beautiful post!!💛💛
    Connecting with people is such an important thing! We are called to be the unified body of Christ & we cannot do that with just ourselves. God knew we would need people, & I find it fascinating how He brings certain people into my life just when I need it (wheather I know I need them or not).🙌🏻😭🫶🏻
    I love your challenge or "homework"🤭💛 For me as a homeschooler & the fact that most days I'm just interacting with my family, I can forget that I can be Jesus to them as well.🤭🙃 So I'm gonna take your challenge for the rest of the month (& hopefully so on & so forth), to be the Light of Jesus to (at least) one person a day💛💛💛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww!! Thank you so much Madi!!! 🥰💛
      Yes!!! 🙌🏻🙏🏻 That is so true, Madi!
      YESSS!!! I completely agree! It is so wonderful how God brings people into our lives (even without us knowing we need them)! 😭🙌🏻😭
      Thank you Madi! ☺️ I’m glad you like the “homework”! I feel the same. Sometimes I forget that I can be a light for Jesus in everything. I don’t have to do big crazy things. It can quite honestly be being kind or showing patience or helping a sibling out! Something I love to do is look at the fruits of the spirit and see from the list how I can better be more like Jesus and if there are things on the list I can do (I love lists 😄)! I might do a post on doing the fruits of the spirit soon and have it be a continuation of this post!
      YESSS!!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻 I’m so glad you are taking the challenge on! I’m cheering you on!!! 🥳💛 Even if you can be a light of Jesus for even a single person that is incredible (like you having just taken the time to read my long blog post and thoughtfully comment!!! That brought light into my life and made me happy! So you’ve already done your homework of the day! 🥳)! Thank you Madi!! 💛💛💛

      Delete
    2. Madisen Lynne LundquistFebruary 10, 2023 at 4:51 PM

      You're welcome!! Of course!!💛💛
      Yesssss!!🙌🏻🙌🏻 & I am so so thankful He brought you into my life!! You're such an AMAZING friend & a wonderful blessing to me!!🙌🏻😭🫶🏻
      Yesssss!! It doesn't have to be something big & crazy, a little bit of His Light can go a LONG way!!🙌🏻😭
      I'm planning to start studying the fruits of the Spirit in March & hearing your thoughts would be AMAZING!!!
      YAYYYY!! Homework is done for today😅🙌🏻😘 haha
      You're welcome!! Thanks for sharing!!💛💛
      Love youuu😘

      Delete
    3. Aww, Madi!!! Thank you sweet friend! 😍😭💛 I am so so incredibly grateful Hod brought YOU into my life! 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻
      You are such an incredible friend and are such a blessing! I was just telling my mom and sister how much of a blessing and answered prayer you are in my life! 😭🙌🏻
      YESSS!!! A little bit of light goes a long way! It’s incredible! 🙌🏻✨
      Ahh, that’s so exciting! I’d love to hear your thoughts too!!! I think I’ll have a post for it soon! 💛💛
      YAYYY!!! Good job! You get a GOLD STAR 🌟 (in Sunday school did you ever get stickers for remembering a Bible verse or doing good? I was just thinking about that for some reason 😂)
      Aww! You’re welcome Madi! ☺️💛
      LOVE YOUUU 😍😘

      Delete
    4. Madisen Lynne LundquistFebruary 13, 2023 at 4:54 PM

      Of course!! You are so welcome!!🫶🏻
      Awwwww💛😭😘 You are such a blessing in my life as well!! I'm so glad God brought you into my life😭🙌🏻💛
      Yayyyy for fruits of the Spirit post & yayyyy for gold stars!!! Oh my word yes!! In kindergarten we got gold stars all. the. time.😅 & then after that we got fake money for a fake store they had set up. It was the best of times🤭 it hot us memorizing & behaving like nothing else🤪🤭

      Delete
    5. 🥰💛
      AWWWW!!! Thank you so much sweet Madi! 😭😍 I’m so glad God brought you in my life! 🙌🏻
      Yes!!! YAYYY!!!
      Ooo!!! I loved getting fake money as a kid 🤣 Did you ever have those kid cash registers? I loved those!
      Yes! I can totally see that happening! 😂💛💛

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a reply 💛
I would LOVE to hear from you!

You May Also Like…