My Favorite New Authors Of 2022!

 Book Love | Recommendations | Storytellers 


Kara Swanson, Abbie Emmons, Nadine Brandes, Sara Ella, & L. M. Montgomery! 


Hello Sweet Friend! 

Eek!!! I can’t believe 2022 is coming to a close and 2023 is almost here!! This has been such an incredible year and it feels like it has flown past! So much has happened this year. I have read so many incredible books and found new favorite authors along the way! 

Today I want to highlight my FAVORITE new authors who I found this year. These five ladies are all incredible authors who have inspired me and moved me with their books. I’m so happy to highlight these women! 

Who knows, maybe you’ll find a new favorite author along the way! 

My Favorite Authors of 2022 

— This being the first year I read any of their work—

|  Kara Swanson | 

Kara Swanson spent her first sixteen years overseas in the jungles of Papua New Guinea, as the daughter of missionaries. Able to relate with characters dropped suddenly into a unique new world, she quickly fell in love with the Fantasy genre and was soon penning stories herself. Growing up a bit like a Lost Girl inspired her award-winning Peter Pan retellings, DUST and SHADOW. She loves belting Broadway show tunes on weekend drives to Disneyland with her husband, or chatting about her love of magic and mayhem. 

Kara is currently working on a new book featuring her love of the Phoenix in mythology which will be released in 2024. 

WEBSITE | GOODREADS 

Kara is a beautiful writer with stories of magic and nostalgia that tug at your heart and move you. I fell in love with her Heirs Of Neverland Series and I know I will read every book she writes! 

She is also incredibly kind and I am so glad I was able to connect with her on Instagram. She is humble and kind and loves to connect with her readers, even asking myself about my writing (I was squealing and fangirling so hard XD). 


|  Abbie Emmons |   

What started out as an intrinsic love for storytelling has turned into her lifelong passion. There’s nothing she likes better than writing (and reading) stories that are both heartrending and humorous, with a touch of cute romance and a poignant streak of truth running through them.Abbie is also a YouTuber, singer/songwriter, blogger, traveler, filmmaker, big dreamer, and professional waffle-eater. When she’s not writing or dreaming up new stories, you can find her road-tripping to national parks or binge-watching BBC Masterpiece dramas in her cozy Vermont home with a cup of tea and her fluffy white lap dog, Pearl. 

Abbie is currently working on a book she nicknamed “The Lighthouse Book” which will be released in 2023. 

WEBSITE | BLOG | GOODREADS 

Abbie was extremely helpful in helping me regain my faith in YA contemporary fiction which in turn helped me in writing my contemporary stories. She is an amazing teacher and has impeccable taste in film (she got me into a movie called This Beautiful Fantastic which was so beautiful). 

Abbie is also an independent (or self published author) and has done it beautifully! I have gotten a lot of tips from her about publishing & writing! 


|  Nadine Brandes | 

NADINE BRANDES once spent four days as a sea cook in the name of book research. She is the Carol-Award winning author of FAWKES, ROMANOV, and the Out of Time Series. Her newest release is WISHTRESS and her inner fangirl perks up at the mention of soul-talk, Quidditch, bookstagram, and Oreos. When she’s not busy writing novels about bold living, she’s adventuring through Middle Earth or taste-testing a new chai. Nadine, her Auror husband, and their Halfling children are building a Tiny House on wheels. Current mission: paint the world in shalom. 

Nadine is currently working on two new novels which will be released in 2024 & 2025. 

WEBSITE | GOODREADS 

Nadine Brandes is amazing! Her writing is deep and captivating and I love who she is. She is a bookworm who fangirls over books just like me which is so fun. The first book I read of hers was Fawkes! And the THEMES! Oh my! The themes in all of her books are incredible and remind me of my favorite author, C. S. Lewis. It is incredible! 

Nadine also taught me a lot about writing, the emotional toll it has (something I have experienced many times but hardly ever hear writers talk about), and super helpful tips on how to publish. 


|  Sara Ella |  

Once upon a time, Sara Ella dreamed she would marry a Disney prince and live in a castle. Now she spends her days homeschooling her three Jedi in training, braving the Arizona summers, and reminding her superhero husband that it’s almost Christmas (even if it’s only January). When she’s not writing, Sara might be found behind her camera lens or planning her next adventure to California. A lover of fairy tales, she believes “Happily Ever After is Never Far Away.” Sara’s UNBLEMISHED trilogy is an ode to her love for all things that begin with “once upon a time.” Her standalone novel CORAL, a reimagining of The Little Mermaid that focuses on mental health, is the novel of her heart—a reminder that you are not nothing, and you are not alone. Sara’s Alice in Wonderland retelling, THE WONDERLAND TRIALS, is available now!

Sara is currently penning the sequel of The Wonderland Trails. The title has been revealed and THE LOOKING-GLASS ILLUSION is coming in the autumn of 2023!  

WEBSITE  | GOODREADS 

I love Sara Ella’s writing! I have only read her one book but it is beautiful and magical and perfect! Retellings are my FAVORITE and I am so happy that she has not only an Alice in Wonderland retelling but a Little Mermaid one too! I love themes that mean something which makes me so excited to read CORAL. 

Sara is also so sweet and generous with her time! Even messaging me on Instagram about the second book to THE WONDERLAND TRIALS because I was obsessed and wanted to know updates and she was kind enough to answer me. 


|  L. M. Montgomery | 

Lucy Maud Montgomery was a Canadian author, best known for a series of novels beginning with Anne of Green Gables, published in 1908. Montgomery was born at Clifton, Prince Edward Island, Nov. 30, 1874. She came to live at Leaskdale, north of Uxbridge Ontario, after her wedding with Rev. Ewen Macdonald on July 11, 1911. She had three children and wrote close to a dozen books while she was living in the Leaskdale Manse before the family moved to Norval, Ontario in 1926. She died in Toronto April 24, 1942 and was buried at Cavendish, Prince Edward Island.

GOODREADS 

Lucy writes such joyful, beautiful, wholesome books that make you laugh, cry, smile, scream and everything in between. She really is wonderful and I cannot wait to read more of her beautiful stories. 


***

Discussion Time

Thank you for reading this post about my favorite new authors of 2022 (or new to me authors). I hope you liked this post! Next FRIDAY I will be sharing my favorite books of 2022, so stay tuned for that!!! Till next time, thank you so much for reading! 

I want to hear from you! Meet me in the comments and tell me who are your favorite new authors of 2022? Are you excited for 2023? I would love to chat! 

If you have any questions or want to talk, make sure to comment down below! Be sure to subscribe to this blog to stay in the know because I post new content here every week. ALSO, If you want to hear more about my writing and read snippets from my newest story, make sure you are subscribed because I am doing special updates for BLOG SUBSCRIBERS ONLY! 

Happy New Year sweet friend!  

XOXO Moriyah 🤎


Comments

  1. I love this blog post!!💛📚
    Thank you for sharing your favorite authors of 2022!! I cannot wait to read some of their books & fall in love with them & their stories!!
    My new favorite author of 2022 is probably Steven James. I love mysteries, but thriller is new for me & I absolutely love it!! & he has such a way of writing that sucks you in, fall in love & relate to the characters & really makes you think😅💛📚
    Cannot wait for all the 2023 reads coming!!🥳📚
    ~ Madi😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek! Thank you so much Madi!!! ♥️📚
      You’re welcome!! Eek!!! I can’t wait! I hope you like them!
      That’s amazing Madi! His books sound SO good!! 😍 I still need to read his books! I love a good mystery or suspense novel! Two (?) years ago those were my favorites and the only thing I wanted to read (Dani Pettrey, Irene Hanson, and Dee Henderson were some of my favorites and I’m liking Agatha Christie too)! 📚🔎
      Eek!! I’m so excited for all the reading and new 2023 releases!! It’s going to be such a good year! 🥳🥳🥳

      Delete
  2. Eeep, I'm actually a student leader in the Young Writer's Workshop that Kara is an Instructor in and she is so amazing!! I got to listen to an interviews with Sara Ella and Nadine Brandes and they are both wonderful. :D I also love all of L.M. Montgomery's work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ~ Pearl Christine @ pearlchristine.com

      Delete
    2. Oh my goodness! That is amazing!!! What do you do as a student leader?
      I would love to hear Kara teach! I’ve only gone to one of Sara and Nadine’s classes but I loved it! They are so wonderful and I love seeing writer besties! <3
      L. M. Montgomery’s writing is so beautiful & comforting! I know I’ll love all her books!
      Thank you for commenting Pearl!! <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a reply 💛
I would LOVE to hear from you!

You May Also Like…