Mini Apple Pies — A Recipe

 Baking | Lifestyle | Moriyah Makes Bakes



Hello, my friend! 

Today I am going to be sharing a recipe with you! It is a new favorite of mine and I am so excited to share this with you! 

Before we start, I want to share a little writing update. If you read last week's post then you know that on June first I started writing a new book! It is a YA summer contemporary story and I am in love with these characters. I cannot wait to share this story with all of you someday! Currently, as of Thursday night, I am 28,528 words in and a little less than half way through my story. This story has come together really fast which has been so fun. It’s only the 10th and already I am making great progress. I am so happy with what is happening with my story!  

So, let's get into baking! 

Mini Apple Pies 

The Recipe 


The Crust 

16 tbsp (2 sticks) butter, melted 

2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour (1:1) 

¾ tsp salt 

½ tsp baking powder 

½ cup plain Greek style yogurt 

3 tbsp water 


The Filling 

1 (21 oz) can of apple filling 

3 tsp cinnamon 


Directions 

  1. Melt the butter (in a pan, microwave, or your preferred method), or have it left out long enough so it is soft. 

  2. Put the butter in a bowl with the other crust ingredients and mix until everything is incorporated. It will look a bit like bread crumbs. 

  3. Using your hands, press and knead the dough together until it forms a ball. 

  4. Wrap in plastic wrap and let it chill in the fridge for 25-30 minutes. 

  5. 10 minutes before your timer is up, preheat the oven to 450˚F. 

  6. Grease a cupcake pan with spray oil and set aside. 

  7. Once the dough has finished chilling, divide the dough into 24 even parts. 

  8. Divide 12 of the dough parts into the 12 cupcake tins. Press the dough down with your fingers to make a little bowl for where your filling will go. 

  9. After pressing the dough down, fill each of the pies with a spoonful of the apple filling. 

  10. Once the oven is at the right temperature, bake for 15 minutes. The sides of the crust will be golden. 

  11. Take the pan out and let the pies cool in the pan for 5 minutes. 

  12. Carefully scoop out the pies and set them aside on a plate (I recommend using a spoon). 

  13. Once all the mini pies are out of their tins, repeat the above process (step 8)  for the last 12 mini pies. 

Serve and Enjoy! 

EXTRA 

You can also use your favorite pie filling as a substitute for apple filling. Just use a spoonful of your favorite pie filling for each mini pie and bake the same. 

This is also a good recipe to pair with ice cream on a warm summer day! 

Check out my Character Creation Series where I show you how to write amazing characters who feel real! 

Discussion Time

Thank you so much for reading this post! I hope you liked this baking post and update on my writing life! 

I want to hear from you! Comment below and tell me if you liked this recipe. Also, will you be trying this recipe? What is your favorite pie filling (so hard, there are SO many good ones)? I would love to chat! 

Be sure to subscribe to this blog to stay in the know because I post new content here every week (Fable Rose Fridays). 

XOXO Moriyah 💛 



Comments

  1. Madisen Lynne LundquistJune 10, 2022 at 9:42 AM

    Oh I've missed the Moriyah Makes Bakes!! These look absolutely mouthwatering🤤 Thanks for sharing the recipe!!
    And thanks as well for sharing an update on the writing of your summer book!! It all sounds so exciting!!😍📚🙏🏻
    Love you Riyah!!💛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I need to do more Moriyah Makes Bakes recipes!
      Thank you!! 😍
      You’re welcome! 😘
      It all makes me so happy! Writing, summer, and baking! 🤩
      Love you Madi! 💛💛💛

      Delete
    2. Madisen Lynne LundquistJune 10, 2022 at 11:28 AM

      Yayyyy!!🥳 Well I'm all for it!!💛🤤
      You are welcome!!
      Yessss to all the happy summer time things!!!💛☀️🌻
      Love youuu!!😘💛

      Delete
    3. 🥳🥳🥳 Yayyy!!!
      Yesss! All the summer things! ☀️🙌🏻🌻💛
      Love you!!! 💛💛💛

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a reply 💛
I would LOVE to hear from you!

You May Also Like…