What are all my current projects? August 2024 edition

 


What are all my current projects? 

a look into my life  | August 2024 edition

Today I thought it would be fun to share a peek behind the curtain into all the things and projects I’m doing. I’ll be sharing what I’m working on writing and all the other things I’m working on. 




Main novel | The Noble Oath

My main writing project is my children’s novel called The Noble Oath (or TNO). When I say children’s novels I would put it in the category of stories like The Hobbit, Little Women, and The Chronicles of Narnia. A fantasy story with strong family roots and Christian themes. It will also be a thicker book (I’m guessing Hobbit size (maybe a bit smaller) in regards to children stories). This is such an important story to me. I feel such a strong mission for this book and for who it is for. I feel like God has a very specific purpose for this story and I can’t wait to see all that He does in this story. 




Side story | project.redemption 

This is a story I’m really loving. It is a bittersweet story of faith, redemption and salvation. I was inspired to write this story from a short story I wrote in high school, some notes I brainstormed a year ago, the book of Acts and Foxe’s Book Of Martyrs. If you want to know more about this short story I’m sharing all about it on my newsletter and sharing exclusive details over there so make sure to subscribe! 

Also check out this reel on Pinterest for the aesthetic of this story! https://pin.it/3udRIYfXT



Homeschooling & Creating curriculum 

I graduated over a year ago and boy am I happy to be done. Yes, I love learning but I love being able to focus my time on writing and being creative! Still, while I’m staying with my family and because I love English (and science), this year I’m going to be my siblings' English teacher. Right now I’m working on creating an English/language arts curriculum for my siblings (7th and 5th grade). I’m sharing a bit about what I’m doing over on Pinterest if you want to see some behind the scenes on this project (link). Right now the curriculum is focused on the Bible. Every other week they will go from reading focused lessons to writing focused lessons. I was going to get the whole curriculum ready for the full first semester but my mom encouraged me to just start with the first month and go from there so that’s now what I’m doing. So far they are really liking it so that’s a win! We are also LOVING listening/watching The Creation Podcast. We have had some awesome conversations and have learned a lot. I’m also starting up my French studies again since it’s been well over a year since I’ve worked on that. It’s fun to jump back into learning this language I have loved since a kid even though I am still a beginner. 




The Super Secret Project | The Fable Rose Academy 

I’ve been teasing about this project for a long time now. I announced this to my newsletter subscribers recently and I can’t wait to get this ready for all of you! I’ll have an official announcement with the release date coming up soon! The Fable Rose Academy is a place where I will be teaching you through workbooks and courses how to be storytellers for the king! This is something I’m really passionate about and I really hope you like it and that it will be valuable to you! Right now the project is almost done. I have a few things left to do before sharing the official announcement and release date but know it’s coming soon! I can’t wait to get this to you! 



The Blog 

I love doing this blog! Every week I try to make content that is good and valuable to you! If there is anything you want me to make a post about please let me know! I love making content that helps you! Just so you know, I may take a week or two break from posting as I’m working on getting all these projects ready (I don’t have an official date yet but this may be coming soon). 


The Newsletter 

I love getting to write letters to you every other week! Over there I share scripture spotlights and share exclusive information about my writing and life you won’t see anywhere else. I am also working on making a free autumn gift (including book recommendations and writing prompts) for my lovely subscribers! That will be headed your way in the September letters! 




An Update | What's going on with the podcast? 

So it has been two months since I last released an episode on the podcast. When will I be back? As of right now I don’t know. I love doing the podcast and connecting with you over there but with everything else I’m doing I just don’t have the time at the moment. I want to change that and get back to posting episodes hopefully starting again sometime in autumn. I will be switching how I record episodes as my previous audio recorder does not work anymore so I also have to figure out how I want to record my episodes now. It may look like having more episodes in the style of we are just talking over the phone and more freestyle. I’ll let you know more when time to launch season two comes closer! 


Odds and ends  

While maybe not a “project” like the others I am also working on getting healthier! I have some different health goals and problems I want to fix. So I’m challenging myself to make a change. My parents encouraged me to think of it like getting ready for your wedding day and future life. I am not currently in a relationship or have a man by my side but my dream and prayer is to be married and have children and adopt. I want to be healthy for them. So why not start now at nineteen and prepare myself? Why not get disciplined now so that it can carry over into my future life as a wife and mother? So this is something I’m working on. This will also include going off coffee at least on weekends. *gasps* I know it’s crazy for me. I love coffee and pumpkin spice season is upon us but I’m going to try this out (I can always change this goal but it is a good starting place). 



The End 

That’s all for now! I hope you liked this little peek into my life and what I’m working on right now! If you have any topics you’d like me to cover or have any blog requests then please let me know! I love making content that helps you! Chat soon!


Love, 

Moriyah 

Comments

  1. I loved seeing this peek into your life post graduation!
    You are certainly very busy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a reply 💛
I would LOVE to hear from you!