Some Health Things I’m Doing (walking 10,000 steps each day)

 






Some Health Things I’m Doing 

Walking 10,000 steps each day 


I said it briefly before but right now I’m doing a health challenge/reset with my mom! It’s been such a fun challenge and experience! I’m having more energy and mental clarity and this has just been so fun! 


I’m also paring this challenge with intermittent fasting which I’ve been doing off and on for over a year but the past month I’ve been much more intentional. Basically I have a 7-8 hour timeframe where I can eat and then fast for the next 16-17 hours. I am also upping my protein intake and cutting out snacks. I really am loving doing this. 


I am also prioritizing walking 10,000+ steps a day. Weekends I sometimes don’t hit it and I’m okay with that (weekends are like rest days). But for weekdays I am determined to walk 10,000 steps (about 5 miles) each day. I’ve felt so much more energy doing this! I’ve been loving this but I will say, at first it can be hard to hit that 10,000 steps but once you get into the habit of doing this you almost don’t have to think about it much because you already know what to do to reach your goal! 

I think it is so important to prioritize our health. 


“…do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who  is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 

—1 Corinthians 6:19-20  


As our bodies are a temple of the Holy Spirit we should take care of our body like we would a temple. We don’t want to trash our bodies but take care of our bodies. 


I also think it is so important as writers (if you are a writer) to be proactive in taking care of our bodies. I know for myself it is so easy to just want to sit and write and think and imagine your story. So setting little reminders or breaks to walk or stretch or move around is really important. So is eye care. Wear blue light glasses or some sort of protection for your eyes and go outside and look at God’s creation—nature (it is surprising how much this actually helps your eyes. This is advice given to me by my eye doctor which is cool). Make sure to take breaks from your screen so your eyes can stay healthy. Drink water (this is so important, and no coffee and tea doesn’t count. You need water!!!)! 


Basically, The main point of this is just to say: take care of your health. I’m saying this as someone who has struggled with my health and who has eye issues. I’m having to learn all this now after making a lot of mistakes and so coming from this perspective I want to share some of the things I wish I knew and did years ago instead of failing and having to learn this by experience. Please, take my advice and avoid all the mess I did and take care of your health! 




**This was originally posted as a part of my newsletter. If you want to get insider information, exclusive quotes & writing updates, plus get to read posts and updates like this before anyone else, make sure to SUBSCRIBE!!! 


 


____________________________






BONUS — episode on The Oils Market Show 

I had a guest appearance on The Oils Market Show with my mom (@theoilsmarket)! We talked about all the things I have been sharing above and on my newsletter which was so fun! We talked about healthy habits including: the importance of reading and listening to God’s Word first before anything else, the benefits of movement (including walking 10,000 steps), hydration, the Ningxia Reset Challenge, and so much MORE! 

Have a listen now!!! 





Check out the other episode I did with The Oils Market Show all about edible essential oils and using them in baking and MORE: 

https://fablerosemc.blogspot.com/2024/05/i-was-guest-on-oils-market-show.html



I’ll see you all very soon! I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day and stay healthy! 

Love, 
Moriyah 

Comments

You May Also Like…