week one recap | Read The Bible In 30 Days with me!

 

week one recap | Read The Bible In 30 Days with me! 

A Behold Peace Bible Study 

Hello friend! Welcome to the first recap of the Bible reading challenge! This Bible reading challenge is called “Read the Bible in 30 Days”!!! I am so excited to continue reading God’s word in this challenge! 


This is just a little recap post talking about this challenge and how I’m doing and some of the things I’m learning. This is basically my journal entries while doing this challenge! I know I won’t be able to write everything down. There is SO MUCH to talk and share about! But in these posts I hope to share a little of what is encouraging me and what has stood out to me! I hope you like reading! 


Also, future me here, this challenge did not turn out the way I thought it would. Things were revealed in my life and new weaknesses popped up (or just resurfaced). I’m now taking on a new direction. I’m still challenging myself but in a different way. I’ll share more in a new post coming SOON! 


Please, if you are doing this challenge, feel free to message me or comment down below with what is standing out to you and what you are loving in this challenge! 


ALSO, this is unedited! I wrote this as journal entries and wasn’t even sure if I was going to share. These are my thoughts day to day unedited (except for day seven because that was…I wrote a lot for that day to process for myself and…it was long, lol!). There may be typos and missing information *fingers crossed there isn’t much*. More this is for me to look back on! But if you want to see a peek behind the scenes here you go!



Day One  

God tells us what will happen 


This day was so good! I read Genesis chapters 1–40 (in turn going a bit over my goal, lol). It’s so wonderful getting to read the story in this high amount. You start being able to see the BIG PICTURE. That’s something I love! 


One of the things that stood out to me was how EVERYTHING CONNECTS. 

One of the things I noticed that I hadn’t before was that essentially God tells Abraham (in this chapter he was still Abram) about Exodus. 


Then He said to Abram: “Know certainly that your descendants will be strangers in a land that  is not theirs, and will serve them, and they will afflict them four hundred years. And also the nation whom they serve I will judge; afterward they shall come out with great possessions. —Genesis 15:13-14


Later in the time of Jacob (Israel) and Joseph the people left for Egypt. Then the people (Israelites) lived there for 430 years. 


Now the sojourn of the children of Israel who lived in Egypt was  four hundred and thirty years. And it came to pass at the end of the four hundred and thirty years—on that very same day—it came to pass that all the armies of the Lord went out from the land of Egypt. —Exodus 12:40-41


Then God saves them and brings them to the promised land. The army of Egypt is destroyed by God and is judged with the plagues. When the Israelites leave, they are given great possessions from Egypt. 


I just love seeing all these details!!! 


On me: I feel good today! I started strong and was able to read more than I expected! I feel like this is all going to be really good! 



Day Two 

Seeing the circle 


This day I finished Genesis and got to Exodus chapter 20 (the TEN commandments God set over His people). 


One thing that stood out to me this day (though honestly SO MUCH STOOD OUT TO ME THAT I WANT TO TALK ABOUT *laughing*), is the plagues of Egypt. I want to do a WHOLE post about the plagues of Egypt and how they are a direct attack on the “gods” of Egypt and showed that God was the one true God and was God over all. There is SO MUCH good things to unpack but…if I was to do that now…this would be a looooooooooooooong post, XD. 


The one thing I will point out is the last plague which is death. Death to the firstborns of Egypt and those in the land that did not have the blood of the lamb on their doors (which is a picture of Jesus being the lamb and being the covering over us to save us from death). The thing I want to point out that I didn’t notice until recently was this plague is a reflection on the opening chapter in Exodus. 


In chapter one, it talks about Pharaoh making a command to kill off all the Hebrew baby boys. The final plague from God was a sort of return of this moment. The Egyptians killed the Hebrew babies and now the final plague is to kill their firstborns. Judgment has come on all those who killed innocent young children and lives. 


Soon I will make a more in depth post on the rest of the plagues! 


On me: Today I felt off. Things kept happening and not going right. I’ve felt frustrated and not like myself. For a few days it’s been hard. My mom reminded me that this is probably just a spiritual attack to get me off track. I’m doing something good. I’m setting my eyes on God and reading His word yet here I am discouraged and feeling off. 


Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy. —1 Peter 4:12-13

 

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. —1 Peter 5:8 


We have an answer on what to do when this pops up. 


Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. —James  4:7-8


Push on! Don’t give up! Trust in God! Keep going! Be on guard! Put on the armor of God! Keep reading His word!  



Day Three

Praying for wisdom 


This day I finished Exodus and read up to Leviticus chapter 14! 


As I’m doing this challenge, one of the things I’m praying about daily is for God to give me wisdom, understanding, strength, and the mental capacity to do this challenge. 


If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. —James 1:5-6 


I haven’t been reading much lately because I’ve been struggling with eye issues for about nine months now. It’s harder to read because words become blurry fast and it’s strenuous to my vision. So for the past nine months I’ve hardly read anything. This challenge is the most I’ve read this much in a LONG time. 


As I’m doing this challenge I’m praying not just for the ability to understand God’s word but also for the ability to read it even with my struggling vision. I’m very lucky to have the ability to also be able to listen to free audiobooks of the Bible (Libby and on the ESV website) but I love reading physically. So for this challenge that is what I’m doing. I’m reading my Bible and taking notes and highlighting and underlining all that’s sticking out to me or that I’m wanting to remember right now. I’m praying I can keep doing this! 


On me: I’m doing really good today! It was peaceful. I got to walk outside in the sunshine before the rainstorm came at night. It was really wonderful. I also started today listening to instrumental music while reading and that REALLY helped me focus and not get distracted easily! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND! 

(Also, when you subscribe to my Fable Rose newsletter, you will get links to my very own “color” instrumental playlists (I use them when writing and reading)! 






Day Four 

Following God where He leads 


Something I was loving and highlighting today was seeing how the Israelites followed God. Not just in laws and rules and celebrations (though that is a lot of it) but also in regards to moving and where you are supposed to go. 


God has a plan. He will lead you exactly where He wants you to be if only you follow Him and listen to what He says and commands you to do. 


If you don’t know where you are supposed to go or what you are supposed to do, give it to God! He knows! He has a plan! Follow Him in that plan! 


I love how God would lead His people. He lead them with a cloud. Where the cloud moved then the people would move and go with it wherever it went. When the cloud would settle, so would the people rest. 


Maybe you don’t have a cloud going before you showing you the way, but God is still your guide and is leading you where you are supposed to go and be. Just trust in Him, obey His word, lien to Him and follow where He leads. 


One me: Today went really well! We had a snowstorm and it was really pretty seeing the snow pile up outside while I read inside! I got reading I earlier in the day thanks to my youngest siblings taking naps so I could get more Bible time in! I also have been loving this playlist while reading today (listening to instrumental music has been SO HELPFUL): https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX6DLB6M8zkNk?si=a83e0abb8c2547dd 



Day Five 

Details


I love the details and intention and plans of God! That’s something I’m noticing a lot this time reading. God is so detailed. He has a clear plan and goal with everything and He has a plan to get it all done. Everything is so detailed and thought out from sacrifices, ways to live, conduct, and speaking out prophecies of the future (and then getting to see those prophecies—those plans—come to life)! 


God is so detailed and has everything planned! It gives me so much peace and comfort knowing that He also has a plan for me! There is a reason why He created you! You aren’t by accident. You were made with purpose and intention by a loving God who is very detailed and doesn’t make mistakes and is good! He made you for a reason. He has a plan for you. He has a plan to get you where you need to go! You only need to get close to Him, listen to Him and obey Him and seek after Him with all your mind, soul, heart and strength! 


Follow God! Trust in Him! 


On me: I’m doing good! I kinda feel like the days are blurring together with all I’m doing, lol! Still, I’m loving this challenging! I’m finding that reading half of the days “reading” in the morning when I first wake up and then the last half in the afternoon or evening is working best for me! 





Day Six 

Day in my life 


Today I finished Deuteronomy and read to Joshua chapter 4! I feel like Joshua’s story and theme can be summed up in these few words spoken over him many times: “Be Strong and Courageous.” 


It was so fun. Today, my bestie came over and we got to chat and see each other! I love her and I’m so glad she came over! We have been friends for years and she has been a part of my life through the good and bad and I’m so lucky to have her! One thing I loved that she talked about today when visiting was the importance and need to have God’s word written and hidden in our hearts and minds. I love that! She is inspiring me to want to memorize more of the Bible! 


I read this verse today and it reminded me of what she said so I wanted to share! 


For this commandment which I command you today is not too mysterious for you, nor is it far off. 12It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will ascend into heaven for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 13Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will go over the sea for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 14But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it. —Deuteronomy 30:1-14


On me: I’m doing wonderful! It was so nice to see people (I never see people because I’m a total homebody and don’t really know anyone nearby but my family and one sweet friend, XD. One day I want to work on being better with meeting new people but for now I’m pretty okay with this arrangement, lol)! I just finished reading my Bible for the day and will start getting ready for bed in a little bit! Chat soon! 





Day Seven 

Questioning 


I don’t know what to do. I think I bit off more than I could chew. 


I love this challenge. Honestly. 


I need to refocus and rethink what I’m doing. 


That may mean taking a break and not doing this challenge or at least scaling back. I still will keep the main posts with resources in them up and going but for myself…I might need to stop. I need to take things slow and focus on my relationship with God more above hitting a goal. 


I suppose I’ll figure this out more tomorrow and the days to come. 




Comments

You May Also Like…