Inviting Spring even when the weather is very un-spring-like | 11 cottagecore activities for spring

 




Inviting Spring

even when the weather is very un-spring-like 

“That is one good thing about this world...there are always sure to be more springs.” 

L.M. Montgomery



Hello sweet friend! Welcome back to the blog! 


Today we are talking all about inviting spring into your life! These are things I do that feel like spring and help me to be in that mood. I will also share some tips for inviting the feeling of spring even when the weather is very un-spring-like!


This is different from my usual content but I think this will be really fun as I’m dreaming of spring to do this with you all! Feel free to grab a notebook and write down ideas with me! This is just a fun little episode that hopefully makes you smile and have some fun ideas for spring! 


So grab a cup of coffee or tea and let’s dove into this topic! 



Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,

At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,

When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death,

And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.”

C.S. Lewis 



I. Make a Pinterest board! 

Whenever I start planning something new whether that is new story ideas, making goals, looking for outfit inspiration, planning a birthday, taking photographs or trying to find a new recipe chances are I will make a new aesthetic board on Pinterest to in a way “visually think out loud”. I find this really helpful so when thinking about spring, I made an aesthetic board with inspiration. 

So I pinned: things that remind me of spring, things that feel like spring to me, activities for spring, and bakes for spring! 

I recommend doing this also if you are a visual learner or like seeing your thoughts in a way in photo form. 


Here is mine: https://pin.it/qZ6RV1nzx 


Now onto actual spring related things and activities to invite spring into your life! 



II. Wardrobe 

“It is ever so much easier to be good if your clothes are fashionable.” 

L. M. Montgomery


Or rather, it is so much easier to think it is spring if your clothes are spring feeling and fashionable! Start wearing things that feel like spring to you! So for me that is wearing more long and flowy dresses. Lighter colors (pinks, blues, greens, yellows). Like muted earthy Easter colors (recently I did a color palette analysis on myself and it was really fun to find what colors work best for me so I want to implement that into my wardrobe as well). Think colors you could find in an English cottage or castle with floral wallpaper! 


Some of my inspo: https://pin.it/6Bw5SL3bm 



III. Hair 

It can be fun to style your hair in a way that feels like springtime. You can get inspiration from Pinterest or favorite movies that feel like spring! So that for me is lots of bows, headbands, florals and butterflies (like clips or in designs). I also like styling my hair half up and half down with scrunches or bows or in a style that feels like it could be from a Jane Austen movie or book! 


Some hair styles I’ve been looking at: https://pin.it/4KhAWs9zt & https://pin.it/5F0Tys0Kc 


IIII. Flowers 

“A garden to walk in and immensity to dream in--what more could he ask? A few flowers at his feet and above him the stars.” 

Victor Hugo


Flowers feel like spring to me! It's not spring if there are no flowers. As an activity this can be picking flowers, pressing flowers, going to a flower field, making a flower crown, or if you are like me with snow on the ground and no flowers I’m sight then making flower Pinterest boards, printing flower photos to hang on your wall, make a floral craft, paint flowers (watercolor is my favorite kind of paint), or put flower pillows or blankets on your bed if you have any (lace also works here). Basically you are bringing spring into your house and doing things and activities that feel like spring! 



V. Iced Teas & Vanilla or Cinnamon Lattes 

“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.” 

C.S. Lewis


I love iced coffees all throughout the year but when spring hits that is when I love making iced teas! It just feels fresh and like spring and summer! One tea recipe I’m wanting to try when the weather is a bit warmer is iced lemon chamomile tea with frozen blueberries in it! I sounds really fun! A blogger friend of mine was talking about making blueberry tea in one of her posts and I’ve been wanting to try it ever since! 


Some drinks I’m wanting to try: https://pin.it/4XWa9zWk1 



VI. Baking 

“Do you remember the Shire, Mr. Frodo? It'll be spring soon. And the orchards will be in blossom. And the birds will be nesting in the hazel thicket. And they'll be sowing the summer barley in the lower fields... and eating the first of the strawberries with cream. Do you remember the taste of strawberries?” 

J.R.R. Tolkien 


I love baking! This is something that’s so fun to me and I love having seasonal bakes too. For me spring is similar to summer in that I love baking with fresh fruits and berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, cranberries) and citrus fruits (lemons and oranges specifically). I would recommend berry pies, blueberry and lemon loaves, citrus cakes, scones and anything with jelly! You could also do savory bakes like homemade breads, pizzas and scones! And actually there is this one recipe I haven’t made before but I want to try soon, that is an Earl Gray tea loaf cake! It sounds delicious and that would be so much fun to make this spring! Also herb scones sound good too! 

This week I made a batch of teddy bear chocolate chip oatmeal cookies and they were a huge hit with my family and siblings! Tip: make sure to use EXTRA flour so the bears keep their shape! 


Inspo: https://pin.it/6clvGpjkk 



VII. Sunshine & Sunlight 

“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” 

C.S. Lewis


Going outside and being in nature. Having a walk in the sun. Feeling the warm rays on your face. There is something so comforting and healing about being in the sun. For me at least it makes me happier and more joyful! 



VIII. Picnics 

perhaps. . . perhaps. . .love unfolded naturally out of a beautiful friendship, as a golden-hearted rose slipping from its green sheath. ” 

L.M. Montgomery


I LOVE picnics! It is one of my favorite things to do when the warmer weather hits! You don’t even have to eat. It can simply be a reading picnic…setting out a quilt in the fresh green grass with a favorite spring book in hand with a cup of iced tea and a fresh breeze flowing through the air with singing birds in the air! Maybe if you are lucky you’ll see a little butterfly flying by or a hummingbird in search of flowers. 



VIIII. Painting & Drawing & Craft Time 

Making art is so fun! This can be painting, drawing, sewing, embroidering, crocheting, or any other kind of art style you like! One of my favorite things to do when the weather clears up and gets warmer is to go outside and paint something I see. The trees, the flowers, a bird, the sky, the clouds. Anything that fits my fancy. It’s a good way to get outside and in the sun and look at things other than our screens. It’s also a fun way to think and appreciate all that God has created. Being in nature also always inspires me and makes me want to create! Maybe if you are needing some writing inspiration you just need to go outside! 



X. Films & Shows 

Think period dramas, English countryside, ball gowns, wallpaper, muted and pastel colors, flowers, nature, baking, sunshine kind of aesthetic. 

The first ones to spring to mind are: the live action Cinderella, Emma (2020), Persuasion (2022), The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, 2019 Little Women mini series, The Great British Baking Show, Nadia Bakes, Winnie The Pooh, Christopher Robin (2018), Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Sleeping Beauty, Alice In Wonderland, Ever After: a Cinderella story, The Secret Garden, Miss Potter, Goodbye Christopher Robin, First Knight, Robin Hood and his merry men by Disney, Anne Of Green Gables 1985, The Sound Of Music, Thumbelina, Wonks, and This Beautiful Fantastic! 

All of these I love and recommend! 



XI. Reading & looking ahead 

“I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.” 

Jane Austen


Last but certainly not least: Reading is a must for all seasons but it is fun to have some spring themed books to read as well! I love having some spring filled books! Sometimes they don’t even have to be set in spring but something about the book’s feeling makes you imagine spring! 


I will actually have a new podcast post up NEXT WEEK with spring filled book recommendations!!! So think of this as spring part 1! 


I’ll see you very soon with more spring filled content! Till then, I’ll see you all very soon! I hope you liked this chill spring filled recommendations post! 





LOVE THIS POST? PIN IT!








Comments

  1. Lovely, this is so sweet!!! I love this so much!!! How absolutely delightful!!!!!

    Love you so much,
    - Shira

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a reply 💛
I would LOVE to hear from you!

You May Also Like…