Scripture Spotlight | James 1:5-8 | Ask God For Answers

 


Scripture Spotlight 

James 1:5-8 | Ask God For Answers 

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he  is  a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. 

James 1:5-8 


This has been something I have been learning a lot more in the past week. In the Bible God invites us to ask for wisdom. He invites us to ask questions and not just ask questions but receive answers. God is the one who gives to all liberally and without reproach. We aren’t just to ask, we are to ask in faith. Faith is believing that God is good. Faith is not doubting but trusting in God. Faith is believing that God will answer even if the answer is not what you expected. There is this podcast I was listening to that was talking about faith that I would HIGHLY recommend you listening to! 


The past week I’ve been struggling with some health problems. Really I’ve been struggling with health problems for about nine years but this past week was especially hard with odd allergies and problems popping up. 


I was really struggling. So much so that I was desperate to get better. At first I had no idea what was the matter with me and my symptoms just got worse and worse. I was so desperate I was going to do anything to get better. I found the trigger of my reaction but I couldn’t find out what was causing my reaction to get worse and worse by the day. Could old books be the problem (one of the many google searches I did)? Well, then pack them up and get rid of them. Could dust be the problem? Well, even feeling miserable lets go clean out my room. I was going to do anything. I was desperate. It came to this one morning when I woke up and my symptoms were worse and I just started crying and praying—praying that God would heal me and give me an answer. While praying I had this random thought (I don’t really believe in random-ness or coincidences, I think a lot of the time those are just nudges from God). It was an odd thought to stop using something I was taking to help my eyes. I pushed against the thought because it was odd but I was also so desperate to heal. So I listened to the voice and later found out that the voice was true and what was making my symptoms worse was the very thing I was using to help it. 


God gave me an answer. It was not what I expected but it was an answer and now he has healed me. 


Then last Thursday night, my mom was praying for me to find out what was wrong with me and felt a voice/nudge/answer. Adrenal fatigue. We ended up looking into adrenal fatigue and what it is and the problems it causes and it really did feel like this God moment. All these health problems I’ve been struggling with since I was a kid matched up. For years I’ve been looking for an answer. For years I’ve felt like a bit of a crazy person with having all these health issues—even my failing vision—that couldn’t be explained. When I took tests nothing ever showed up as wrong. Now it's like I have an answer. There is a way to heal. There is a way to get better. I am so thankful! 


I’m still looking into what to do for adrenal fatigue—I even did a test and if it is accurate then I really do have adrenal fatigue. I’m still learning what it is and what to do. I am so thankful to finally have an answer and a direction moving forward. 


All we had to do was pray and ask God. That was it. We had to pray and believe that God would answer. Ask and you will receive. If you have a problem, if you have a struggle, if you are fighting something, you need help in some area (even in writing) then go to God and ask Him. I believe God is a good Father and I believe He loves helping His children. I believe He wants to help you. I believe He wants to answer you. Now I believe He can answer you instantly similar to what happened this week with me but then He may have you wait. He may ask you to be patient for a time before He gives you the answer. When that does happen then stay close to God. Continue to pray and ask. Wait on God, don’t give up! 


God is a good father! 


“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!”

—Matthew 7:7–11




*NOTE: THIS WAS FIRST WRITTEN FOR MY LOVELY NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIBERS! IF YOU WANT TO GET SCRIPTURE SPOTLIGHTS LIKE THIS EVERY OTHER WEEK THEN MAKE SURE TO SUBSCRIBE NOW! 


Comments

You May Also Like…