How To Choose A Person Perspective (POV) To Write In? Writing Advice For *new writers* new video up on YouTube

 

How To Choose A Person Perspective (POV) To Write In? Writing Advice For *new writers* 

new video up on YouTube 



Have you ever wondered how to choose a point of view for your story? What person perspective should a new writer write in? What even are person perspectives? 

If this is a question you’ve been asking yourself then YOU’RE IN LUCK. “Person perspectives” is the big topic we’re discussing today. As a new writer this was one of my BIG questions. What person perspective (otherwise known as point of view (POV)) should I write in? Does it matter what one I choose? Is one better than the other? 

Like anything with writing, there are pros and cons to every point of view. Depending on your writing style, genre, and cast of characters, choosing the right point of view can be crucial to writing a great story.

This was a requested topic by one of my lovely newsletter subscribers! I hope this can be a helpful video for you! In it, we cover: 

  • what the basic THREE person perspectives are

  • does it matter what one you choose?

  • my quick tip to choose a person perspective if you have NO IDEA what to choose 

  • a helpful trick I recommend all new writers trying to find what person perspective comes naturally to them 



Let’s chat!

Let’s talk person perspectives! What person perspective do YOU like writing in? Would you ever want to try a different one of the perspectives? Was this video helpful to you? Let me know in the comments! 

If you have any video requests or topics you’d like me to cover then please let me know! I love making content that helps you! 

If you liked this episode then please share it with a writer friend! Also be sure to subscribe to my channel to get new videos all about writing and being a storyteller for the King.

Love,

Moriyah




Comments