My Struggle with Slow Seasons

 


My Struggle with Slow Seasons 


Hello friend!

I am a bit late with this post. Really I was debating posting at all but I did want to share a little update with you and a preview of something to come!

Things have been slow lately. I’m working on getting better in the slow seasons of life. I love being active and moving and being productive. It’s hard to just sit and rest (no wonder it’s been so hard for me to read books lately. I’m always trying to go go go). I want to get better in the quiet and slow seasons. I want to get better with having slow days when I don’t have to do anything. It’s surprising how hard this is for me to figure out. 

I do best when I am productive and I have things to do and I accomplish them. I’m a high output sort of person as my dad would call me.

I think when I’m not being “productive” or doing things it’s like I’m failing or falling behind even though I’m not and it’s all in my head. Still, it doesn’t change the feeling of falling behind. It doesn’t change the feeling of not doing or being enough. I can end up spiraling into burn out regularly (at least once a month) because I don’t stop until I hit a point where I can't keep going. That’s not good or healthy. It’s really bad actually. 

So I want to get better at this. Maybe the autumn season when I like slowing down and getting cozy is just what I need. 


Did you say, super secret project? 

I said earlier that I wanted to share a preview of something to come! Next week I’ll be announcing my super secret project that I’ve been hinting at for the past few months. I will be sharing about it FIRST on my newsletter coming out on the 13th! Then FRIDAY I’ll be announcing it here for all of you (*whispers* you may even get an early preview on my Pinterest if you follow me there). For now, all I’ll say about the project is it is coming later in August, it has its own website, and yesterday I did filming for it! Can you guess what it is??? 👀

Comments

You May Also Like…