James 4:8 | Draw Near To God

 





From The Bible #4

James 4:8 | Draw Near To God 🌼

SCRIPTURE SPOTLIGHT 

spotlighting a verse or passage in the Bible that’s been encouraging to me 


James 4:8 


Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.


Something I’ve learned with this challenge even more now and am still learning is this verse even regarding my own writing. 


When I draw near to God, I feel it in my bones. I feel it in my emotions—I show the fruits of the spirit. I feel it in my energy levels. I feel it in my creativity


When I draw near to God I see it in my writing. When I am near to Him, I overflow with ideas, creativity, stories, verses, dreams, sparks of imagination and I can write! When I am not near to God or I have my eyes fixed off of Him then I have no creativity, no stories running in my mind, and I can’t write. Even when I go to sit and write and I have all the right things to start…I can’t get any words out or if I do it’s all things I will delete. I need God to write. I can’t write without Him


God is the one who gives creativity. He is the one who sets calling and desires on our lives and hearts. He makes us with design and purpose and intention. He is the one who makes those callings come to life in our lives when we draw near to Him and have our eyes fixed fast on Him. 


It makes sense! If you have a talent/gift given to you by God then of course when you draw near to God and have your eyes on Him then He will draw near to you and give you the inspiration, wisdom, ideas, creativity and all that you need to do the calling He has given you in Him. 


It’s amazing and something I see so clearly in my life! I’m so thankful for this, that when I’m with God and am close to Him, I have creativity and can write but when I’m not focused on Him I lose all ability to write. It's so cool and really is such a blessing! When I draw close to my creator He gives me creativity! 


This is what I mean by saying that God is my writing partner! I draw near to Him and listen to Him and what He places on my heart to say and write and by listening and trusting Him and drawing near to Him and having that close relationship with Him then I can write. It’s a really wonderful partnership! It’s what I’ve prayed for since the very beginning of writing! I wouldn’t have it any other way! 





Want to hear MORE about this topic? Check out the podcast now where I share a bit about my testimony and more about how to partner with God in your writing! Listen now!





LOVE THIS POST? PIN IT!




Comments

  1. Ahhhh!!! Excited to listen to this episode sweet friend!!

    All my love,
    Shira

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a reply 💛
I would LOVE to hear from you!

You May Also Like…