Episode 06 | The importance of creating role models in fictional for children and YA readers (+ a clean fiction ramble)

 


Episode 06 

| The Importance of Writing Role Models for children and Teen/YA readers (+ clean fiction ramble) |


Hello friend! Welcome to the Faith, Writing & Coffee Chats podcast! 


Why are role models so important in writing fiction?


In today’s episode, we are discussing the importance of creating ROLE MODELS especially for young children, middle grade, teen and YA readers. Are role models really that important? Should we as Christian writers purpose this while writing? Do the characters we write really make an IMPACT in our readers' lives? Can we use our writing to HELP others?


This is exactly what we are talking about today! We will be talking about the importance of role models in an increasingly darkening world, being a beacon of light in our readers lives, the psychology of development, as well as my hot takes on keeping content CLEAN for young readers and a story analysis on the classic animated Disney Pinocchio vs the live action version. You don’t want to miss this episode! 


Subscribe to the Fable Rose newsletter to get all the updates on me, my stories, and the new novelette I’m working on that will be a free gift to you once it’s finished: https://dashboard.mailerlite.com/forms/36179/53780288310871580/share


*aslo, excuse the occasional bird noises in the background. My family’s birds were noisy on today’s episode LOL* 


I truly pray this podcast can be a blessing to you! 


So grab a cup of coffee and listen to this chat talk! <3



// 


Books Mentioned In This Episode: 



Children’s/Middle Grade: 

  • The Chronicles Of Narnia by C.S. Lewis 

  • The Little House Books by Laura Ingles Wilder

  • The Nancy Drew Mystery Series

  • Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan 

  • Alice’s Adventures In Wonderland by Lewis Carroll


Teen/YA: 

  • The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins 

  • Stepsister by Jennifer Donnelly 

  • The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis 

  • The Book Thief 

  • A Monster Calls 

  • Little Women by Louisa May Alcott 



//


You are fearfully and wonderfully made by God. You have a gift and talent given to you by God. I challenge you to use your gifts and to be a light. 


My heart overflows with a pleasing theme;

I address my verses to the king;

my tongue is like the pen of a ready scribe.” Psalm 45:1 


//


Were you blessed by today's episode? I would be SO SO SO grateful if you would let me know by leaving a review or connecting with me on my website. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to hear from you all and be able to connect one on one with you! 


For more episodes and resources, visit (https://faithwritingcoffee.wixsite.com/my-site). Don't forget to subscribe, leave a review, and share this episode with fellow Christians, writers and creatives. 


Have a question for me or want a specific topic to be discussed on this podcast? Then PLEASE fill out the CONNECT form on the podcast hub website for “Faith, Writing & Coffee Podcast.” 


CONNECT WITH ME:

Instagram: @fablerosemc 

Podcast Website: https://faithwritingcoffee.wixsite.com/my-site 

Fable Rose Blog (My online corner of the world): https://fablerosemc.blogspot.com 

Bible Study: https://beholdpeace.wordpress.com 





ALSO…my sweet friend Shira mentioned my podcast on her incredible and inspiring podcast called, “Her Reading Life Podcast”! She just released an episode called “Thanksgiving letter for all of you with all my love, Shira”! It’s such a beautiful and emotional (I was tearing up listening to this episode) and just such an inspiring episode! Please please listen! <333


Comments

You May Also Like…