The Wonderland Trails by Sara Ella (a bookish review)

 


♥️Question of the day: who is your favorite wonderland character? 


🎩My answer: the mad hatter has always been one of my favorite characters! In The Wonderland Trials, Chess (the Cheshire Cat), is my favorite! 

The Review: 

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Cleanness: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️


Oh My Wonderland this book is wonderful!!! 


Sara Ella has built such a beautiful dystopian wonderland. I love how she blended pieces of the book and movies into the book leaving little clues for the reader. 


The characters were incredible. They held onto their original personalities but with a new depth. The character development and the character growth were amazing. I love how you can see the characters grow throughout the book. 


Alice is a strong female character with her own faults and dreams. She feels real and I do love that she has glasses. It reminds me of Meg from A Wrinkle In Time. 


CHESS!! Chess is my favorite character in this book. I love that he kept his vanishing smile like in the movie. He has great character growth and I loved that we got to see more sides to him as the story went on.


I loved the different games and the elements of mystery in this book! Having games made the book so much fun and perfectly wonderlandish. 


I love how Sara Ella created this world. Sometimes books feel bogged down by too many descriptions when making a fantasy or dystopian world but that was not the case with this book. The world was beautifully explained and was easy to follow. It felt like I was there traveling with Alice and finding Wonderland with her. I love the idea of the Wonder Gene and just everything about this book! 


The ending! I need the next book now! This whole book is so good and a new favorite! I highly recommend reading this book! 


I could go on and on about this book but I shall leave it at this, one of my favorite quotes from Chess himself.


“How is the world inside your mind any less real than the one outside it?” 





Comments

You May Also Like…