Small ripples : Part I

 My Story | My Faith 


Hello, lovely friend! 

This Wednesday I was talking to a really sweet friend. I was telling her about my want to adopt and be a missionary and about how that was a dream of hers too. It got me thinking about the moments when those dreams were planted inside of me. 

Small moments that left a mark on my life. That made a ripple into my future. I don't know what it will look like. I am still in the unfolding stages of these dreams. I believe these are both things I will do in the future but God could lead me in a whole different way. But I do believe that these dreams were given to me for a reason. I don’t understand it all but I trust God with it all. That is all I can do. Trust Him. 

Now I want to tell you the two moments that led to these dreams. They were small and simple yet lasted all these years later. Many pivotal moments happened within about two years. I gave my life to Jesus and the dreams to be a missionary and to adopt happened very close to each other. All this happened between the ages of 6 and 7. Now at 17, they are still dreams and very much a part of my life. 

Now for a little story time. 

Part I: The Missionary Story 

When I was six, my family lived in Colorado in this tiny two-bedroom apartment. It was small, the kitchen only had room for one or two shoulder-to-shoulder. I shared my little room with one window draped in pink curtains with my little sister who was still a toddler. There at the apartment, I learned to walk with ballerina toes to stay silent for our downstairs neighbors who hated all noise and would hit their ceiling (our floor) with a broomstick if we were too loud. 

There was a little hallway and tapped to the wall was a map. It was a prayer map made by The Voice Of The Martyrs to pray for the persecuted. On the backside was a photo of a missionary behind bars and the call to prayer. On the front side was a map of the world and each country was either highlighted or not. The highlighted countries were places to pray for, to pray for the people there, for the missionaries, and for God’s message to reach all these nations. Every week my mom would take me over to the map and choose a highlighted country. Then for that week, we would pray every day for that country, the people there, and the missionaries. Every time I went to my room I saw the map. Every time I went to the kitchen or living room I would pass the map. Every day I went past that map and prayed. 

I had heard about missionaries before but I never understood what they did until I started to pray for them with my mom each day. Each time I passed it, even though I knew the stories of the dangers, I wanted to be a missionary. I wanted to go and help people. I wanted to be like these men and women who went out and told people about Jesus. I want to help. 

Since then, I fell in love with stories of missionaries. I loved reading every story I could about missionaries. Mom would read stories to my siblings and me and I always felt connected to the stories. 

This year I told my parents about my desire to be a missionary. My mom said she felt like that was right for me. That both always seemed to fit together. That day she bought me books on missionaries. Then at our family’s reading time, my mom read a missionary book aloud. They were small stories only a few pages long. I would be okay for the first half of the story but by the end, I was a mess of tears. I could barely get out any words past my tears. Every story hit hard and I was incapable of controlling my tears. They were beautiful and hopeful stories but tragic too. Every story had a person with incredible faith. They had such strong faith they were happy to die if it meant serving God. 

Every time I hear a story about mission work I feel pulled to it. I want to hear more, learn more, and do more. I still don’t know what this will look like in my life but I’m trusting God with whatever it is. 

Coming Next…

…Part II is coming soon! In part II, I will be sharing the second story, the moments that lead me to want to adopt! I hope to see you all soon! 

Discussion Time

Thank you for reading this blog post! I hope you liked this look into my life and some of the desires on my heart! 

I want to hear from you! Meet me in the comments and tell me what you thought about this post! Chances are you have dreams and desires in your life. What dreams has God planted in your heart? Can you remember the moment(s) that lead you here? I would love to chat! 

If you have any questions or want to talk, make sure to comment down below or find me on Instagram @fablerosemc!  

Be sure to subscribe to this blog to stay in the know because I post new content here every week. 

XOXO Moriyah 💛


Comments

  1. Madisen Lynne LundquistOctober 14, 2022 at 4:47 PM

    Oh Riyah, this is the sweetest thing!!
    I love you & I love your heart!!
    You have such a beautiful God given dream & and I know God will give you the desires of your heart!!
    You were made for AMAZING things!!!😭🙌🏻💛🙏🏻😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweet friend! 😍
      🥰😍🥰 I LOVE YOU!!!
      😭 This means so much to me! Thank you thank you thank you! You are so amazingly! I’m so blessed you are my best friend! 😍😭💛🙌🏻🤎🍂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a reply 💛
I would LOVE to hear from you!

You May Also Like…