And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie— a bookish review

 Book love | Book review 



Hello, lovely friend! 

Today I am sharing my book review of And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie! I hope you like this review! Tell me in the comments if you have read this book! 

Ten strangers are invited to a secluded island. Once there they cannot leave. Ten strangers don’t trust each other then all are accused of a crime. A nursery rhyme foretells their demise. One by one they begin to die. A murder is among them. Can they find the murderer before it’s too late? Or will all ten strangers die like in the rhyme? 

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Cleanness: ⭐️⭐️⭐️.5*

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie is a classic mystery. It reminded me a bit of a Nancy Drew mystery grown-up.

I liked that all the characters were different and that you could tell it through their character voice (writing style). It is hard to juggle a big cast of characters but I do think she pulled it off nicely.

There were a lot of plot twists that I didn't see coming, which I do appreciate. All the characters had a motive and an alibi that made you keep guessing who did it and rethinking your answers. There were a lot of parts that surprised me and kept me on my toes. The ending shocked me so many times I was hanging to the edge of my seat trying to figure out all that was happening.

My favorite part of the book was the psychological element (it is why I love psychological thrillers and why I am currently studying psychology). The ending letter in a bottle is incredible (the ending bit alone I would have given 5 stars to because, to me, it was mind-blowing). I love how the mastermind of the entire crime explained their mad reasoning as to why they committed the crime. It showed what was happening psychologically in the mind of the criminal, and I loved it! Can you tell I love psychology?

All in all, this was a really fun read and I highly recommend it to anyone who loves mysteries, thrillers, psychology, multiple POVs, classics, and plot twists you wouldn’t expect!

*Cleanness: this book is more for a teen-adult audience. There is minimal cursing (d—) but a lot of drinking, and talk of crimes, suicide, and death. The plot of the story is that all these people were brought here because of a crime they committed (which is explained). One by one the characters are killed, including someone taking their own life. It is a bit descriptive, so if somewhat gruesome deaths and killings are hard for you, then you may want to skip this book.

Otherwise, it is really good and clean! But I would recommend it for teenagers and above.


Discussion Time

Thank you for reading this blog post! I hope you liked this book review! 

I want to hear from you! Meet me in the comments and tell me, have you read this book? What did you think of it? Were you also suprised by the murderer? Are there any books you’d like me to review? I would love to chat! 

If you have any questions or want to talk, make sure to comment down below or find me on Instagram @fablerosemc!  

Be sure to subscribe to this blog to stay in the know because I post new content here every week. 

XOXO Moriyah 💛

Comments

  1. Madisen Lynne LundquistSeptember 30, 2022 at 1:40 PM

    Oooo this looks like such a great book!! And it was a beautiful put review! Definitely on my TBR list!📚💛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! It is a bit slow at the beginning but the ending is the best!!! 😍
      Thank you so much Madi! 😍
      Yay! I’d love to know what you think about it when you read it! 📚💛🍂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a reply 💛
I would LOVE to hear from you!

You May Also Like…